Academy P40 M warhawk

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well after my escapade with 'Big Vicky' I needed to therapy - quickly - and here it is.

The Acadamey P40 M Warhawk. A simple WW2 (yes it's fan driven.......) plain honest warplane.

The fit so far has been good, the surface detail is fine recessed lines. The general level of detail is very good for a model costing about £5.99.

This is where I am after less than a days on and off work, and I still haven't reached for the filler. That's because it doesn't need any ! Well, ermmm there's a tiny bit of filling near the radiator, but it's really nothing. Even the wing roots will be dealt with by a small amount of CA.

View attachment 19839View attachment 19840

I may not get much done today as I need to remove a kingpin and steering rack off something a bit bigger.

Regards

Colin M.........

View attachment 27124

View attachment 27125

Wing_fitted.JPG

Internals.JPG

T

T. van Vuuren

Hey Colin.

Nice! I have been wanting to get one of tese myself for a while now. Is it the 48 size?

Good to hear the fit is so good, I hate having to try and sand joints.Allways a messup.

What collours you going with?

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Coming on great colin, theyre fantastic these little academy kits arent they? Ive done the p40e and didnt need any filler either,great value too! Looking forward to seeing her painted, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Gentlemen, it is 1:72 - something I forgot to mention. Tony, I think it's your fault I bought this kit. I remember your model of some months ago which inspired me to buy this. And yes they are great little kits. The surface detail is amazing for the price, but I'm wondering, is this just the latest Academy models or are they all this good ?

This will be finished in desert colours, a scheme I've been wanting to do for ages.

Regards

Colin M........

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
View attachment 20020 The first coat is on (well second really, I've painted the underside already) and i didn't totally loose the pre-shading ! Now off to the garage to spray the the next colour.

Regards

Colin M.........

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's finished. The pics are in the aircraft section. If anyone hasn't tried Academy kist before, give one a go, I think you'll be surprised what you get for your money.

Regards

Colin M.........