image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi

I've just tried doing a winter camouflage on this tiger I'm not sure if it looks right or not please feel free to comment if it looks alright or not and any pointers most welcome please note I have not done any weather and such cos I need to know if it looks ok before I continue or start again

Cheers

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
As I rule nor am I more cars and bikes just fancied something different cheers for your comments

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Tank looks great but I really like the figures! I have all kinds of problems with them especially the faces:mad: But yours look very well painted;)

A bit of brownish wash here, there and abouts will cure it from looking too black and white especially around running gear and where the crew stomped around on it with muddy boots.

As far as the camo in general, I think it looks spot on;)..............Jim;)

F

Fenlander

I am with Jim on this one. A brown wash will tie it together better, the whitewash would not have stayed white very long. On of the issues I find is that to me, a winter white wash should fade out rather than chip out if you know what I mean. Just my opinion though. It is looking good though

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
love it Steve,could not add any more that what Jim,Graham have said,

I do real like the look of if and so very well done on the figures as well,great job so far,liking it a lot, ;)

what was the figure kit you used plz, :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
I really like it and I'm not a fully fledged tanker builder yet and I've never done winter camo before.

If the boys and girls think it's spot on I'll agree with the majority ( I really do like the chipping effects. Not sure but I think I had some of those guys in my stash and think they were from master box ( I could be wrong but they are very well detailed

Kind regards

Robert

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
cheers for the comments everyone thanks for the tip graham like I mentioned in my original post l haven't done any other weathering yet wanted to check it looked ok first with just the camo

Hi Monica the figures came with the kit but they are from miniart

Cheers

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It looks great, Steve. I did the same kit (I recognise the tank decals) and yes, the excellent Miniart figures were included. If I remember correctly it was the Academy version Tiger I.

Ron

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Ron yes you are correct it is the academy tiger 1 kit