Acrylic or enamel?

W

Willi262

Huh, I use a combination of acrylic and enamel paint. Even on the same model. I do have to wait for the first type to dry pretty much completely before attempting to apply the second type over the top as we know that oil and water are not really kind to each other. Also, strangely, I find the smell of oil based paint to be rather...soothing.

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Oh hell :D
Laurie
Right! That's it, taking you off now, not having this bad attitude! It's considered to be a great honour to be on my speed dial. LOL :P

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
Also, strangely, I find the smell of oil based paint to be rather...soothing.
That's a new one on me. I love the smell of molten tar as they pour it onto the road, almost addictive.

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
The important thing to remember when dry brushing is that your brush should have virtually no paint in it at all, hence the name. I use a short haired flat brush, pick up some paint and then wipe on some kitchen roll until it seems all the paint has been removed...it hasn't. You can always go over a surface several times to build up the desired effect. If you apply to much paint first time you are going to have to start again!
Cheers

Steve
Do you guys think that using that technique would be suitable to paint the small thrusters on the Apollo Service Module? View attachment 101437

image.jpg

W

Willi262

dry brushing the thrusters would probably work the best. I would try that method first.

I find the smell of roofing tar brings me back to the base I lived on when I was 6. They were re-doing the roofs then and the smell carried quite some distance.

K

Keithmayes

\ said:
dry brushing the thrusters would probably work the best. I would try that method first.
I find the smell of roofing tar brings me back to the base I lived on when I was 6. They were re-doing the roofs then and the smell carried quite some distance.
Okay, thanks for that, I will give it a go tomorrow. Cheers. Keith