Acrylic question.

D

delmonteman

I've been ordered by the missus to fit a new bathroom (including a bath, which we haven't got at the minute). I've agreed on one proviso - I can have a toy submarine to put in said bath! I don't want a kids plastic one (I'm a grown man for chuff's sake), so I'm going to build a model one. The question I have is, what paint is waterproof? I generally use either Revell or Vallejo acrylics. If I clear coat over these, will it be OK or do I need to use enamels?

Thanks,

Gav.

S

sprayman

Agree with Ian, but if you want that extra safe feeling airbrush it with mat Yacht varnish, or any auto mat finish.

M

markg

Gav, no point in having a submarine without a surface ship to sink.. What will that be? :smiling3:

D

delmonteman

Obviously need a battleship of some description. Trouble is, 1/350 will be a bit big I think and I can't find anything suitable in 1/700............................

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How about one of the Revell U-boats in 1/72? Then you could get their Flower corvette and have an excuse for fitting a really BIG bath! Which could be used for other things too ...... :lol

Gern