Acrylics choice, which one.

A

Andy C62

I have returned to modelling recently and am using humbrol acrylic and enamel paints to start off with, both for brush and airbrush use.When I get paid I want to invest in a few bottles of acrylic paints and Matt varnish to finish off my models.I have three in mind in no order of preference, I would like advice on people's own preferences and ease of use for a relative newbie like me.Lifecolor, Vallejo or Tamiya.Thanks in anticipation for your advice.Andy C

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think you may get as many opinions on those three as there are members of the forum. They are all good paints and all have their fans. My one qualification would be that Tamiya is the most tricky to brush paint. It is however arguably the easiest to spray.

I use Xtracrylix quite a bit since they have the best matches for the WWII aircraft colours that I use,they need a bit of practice to get good spray results. Sorry to throw another option at you.

I think it might be worth you investing in a couple of colours of different manufacturers and seeing what works best for you.

Cheers

Steve

A

andygh

Simple answer? Vallejo, then try the others when you've got a bit more experience, that's what I'd do

T

tecdes

My opinion as Andy (Andygh).

Take a look Andy (C62) at acrylicos vallejo, colores acrílicos. I consider this one of the best sites in modeling.

One of the nice things I have found with Vallejo is the decanting of paint from their containers which is a press the container & a drop falls out, very frugal & easy to mix colours. Also they are near ready for (Model Air) airbushing although I now add a little more thinner. With the dropper top the paint is less likely to dry out.

Laurie