Ade's D-Day Build

First Name
Adrian
Well my plans simple, a C-47 parked up along side it I have a Tilly, a US Cargo truck, 2 jeeps, an American staff car and lots of assorted figures and supplies to be loaded. The idea is to make it look like the troops are getting a visit from a high ranking general before departure, possiblily Eisenhower?

Any way here's my work so far.

From left to right the internal section to the C-47, my US cargo truck almost complete and a little Tilly

View attachment 82236

Adrian

001.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Adrian,like the story behind it as well,:rolleyes:

what you have done so far is good work, cannot wait to see how it all comes together o_O

the tilly is so cue ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
View attachment 82275

View attachment 82276

View attachment 82280

Good subject and a great start Adrian....
I hope you don't mind, but here are 3 pictures of the paratroopers just prior to embarkation, with Eisenhower himself present! (sort of)

I took these at the Airborne Museum at St. Mere Eglise - where the American Paratrooper is still stuck on the church spire.

I hope they can be of some use to you.

Ron

Normandy  France May 2013 865.jpg

Normandy  France May 2013 867.jpg

Normandy  France May 2013 868.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great start Adrian, the MP looks very good

Cheers

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking superb Adrian, slow or not this is going turning out to be a cracker.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Lovely stuff Adrian , what scale is this , nice MP

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks, its a huge 1:48th Diorama I'm working on, I have a 2 foot square base for it when all the pieces come together :smiling3: Adrian
Wow 1/48 that's some size and now I'm really impressed with that mp :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good, Adrian.do like the MP,your done very well on him, and the truck looks good as well, :rolleyes:

shaping up nicely,

First Name
Adrian
Thanks Alan and Monica,,,,I'm actually not happy with the MP, the camera shows how badly I have painted the MP on his lid, I guess from a distance its not so bad but I may redo it.

Adrian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work so far on C-47 and the MP doesn't look too bad Adrian, but saying that we all see faults.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan and Monica,,,,I'm actually not happy with the MP, the camera shows how badly I have painted the MP on his lid, I guess from a distance its not so bad but I may redo it.Adrian
The mp looks fine I've done the same on a 1/35 scale and up close you can see the lettering is a bit out but 1/48 I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

The detail on the uniform is what catches the eye :smiling3:

First Name
Adrian
I've pre shaded my C-47, would show you the pics but after 10 attempts to post my pictures I've given up, the Olive drab went on nicely and shows the wing pre shading very well, but had to rub the roof down a little again as the paint showed a slight bump that would have drove me wild had I left it.

If I can figure out why I cant add my pics I'll add them for you all to see.

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I've pre shaded my C-47, would show you the pics but after 10 attempts to post my pictures I've given up, the Olive drab went on nicely and shows the wing pre shading very well, but had to rub the roof down a little again as the paint showed a slight bump that would have drove me wild had I left it.If I can figure out why I cant add my pics I'll add them for you all to see.

Adrian
I had the same problem Adrian , I now have to take the photo and then add them from chose existing it won't let me take a photo then add it.

Hope this helps

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Normally load them straight from my PC's Hard drive with no issuesAdrian
This must be be john messing about with the forum then lol , I do most of my stuff off my phone so it's probably that