Ade's F-4F Phantom II WTD 61 "Flight Test"

First Name
Adrian
Finally got round to finishing my little Phantom.

Some people will know how I struggled with this, partly through my own stupidity and partly through incorrect paint guides! All told this was my third set of decals and I can't tell you how many times it nearly went in the bin!

Anyway its all done now and though it looks fairly nice in the pictures it will never be a competition entry as I can see up close too many "issues" but it will sit nicely on a club table. I have to fix the final few decals down and decide on canopy open or closed but near enough to call a day.

One little added extra was the wiring I put into the nose area as it was just a flat moulded piece of plastic and I thought it needed something to bring it to life :smiling3:

Hope you like it :smiling3:

Oh I can't load pictures as there too large, very strange as it's the same settings I always use for pictures on here :sad:

Take my word for it, it looks ok :smiling3:

Adrian

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Some people will know how I struggled with this, partly through my own stupidity and partly through incorrect paint guides! All told this was my third set of decals and I can't tell you how many times it nearly went in the bin!

Anyway its all done now and though it looks fairly nice in the pictures it will never be a competition entry as I can see up close too many "issues" but it will sit nicely on a club table. I have to fix the final few decals down and decide on canopy open or closed but near enough to call a day.

One little added extra was the wiring I put into the nose area as it was just a flat moulded piece of plastic and I thought it needed something to bring it to life :smiling3:

Hope you like it :smiling3:

Oh I can't load pictures as there too large, very strange as it's the same settings I always use for pictures on here :sad:

Take my word for it, it looks ok :smiling3:

Adrian
Well that sums up the luck you've had with this build Adrian.

P

Polux

Wow!!! That's a beauty Adrian!!

The decal works looks really fine ;)

F

Fenlander

That is very nicely built and finished Adrian. You have had issues with this and you may not be 100% happy but I would be if I had achieved this.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks phantastic adrian! I know its been a little bit troublesome (!!) but its come out the other side a stunner , its going to look mighty impressive on the club stand , great build and ten out of ten for stubborn perseverence!!! Cheers tony

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Another cracking phantom adrian great work with the decals

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Ok Adrian the build, and finished result? This is blinking stupendous and well worth a show stopper. If I'm only judging on the pics...... What you have done is turn this around and made it look really good, far beyond My skills.

Really well done there

Kind regards

Robert

First Name
Adrian
Thanks all for the wonderful comments, I've spotted a few bits that need a tidy up so I'll get those done as well :smiling3:

Adrian

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's a Phantom, and it's rather flippin' nice......

D

Doug Hughes

Looks great to me, Adrian, and the colour scheme is stupendous!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Your perseverance has paid off big time Ade! That's a real cracker!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's a stunning Phantom Adrian. The perseverance really paid off and I can see in the finished model that those decals would have been tricky to apply.

Lovely work

Cheers

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It had its issues this build Adrian, but awesome result in the end.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, for all the issues you cracked it Ade, she looks stunning mate. Well done on a cracking looking Phantom.