Adhesives for foam board.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi gang.
Steven, Simon and I have been discussing which glue for foam board.
Some glues eat into the foam, I've been using UHU POR after Ron 570 Spanner advised me, and find it great.
But it's always nice to have a back up choice.
Any one have any.
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
i use white wood glue... it's perfect

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's something I've tried Greg, after 2 days it was still wet !!! . Must be the foam board, I use a lot of Kappa line. Has a different make up to the usual foamboard .
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
that's weird i use the same...
this is the glue i use...and the red one is the express one
51fvzoQ-4-L._SX342_.jpgpattex-pattex-wood-glue-express.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, I use this from a Japanes pound store. Cost me less than a pound and bonds fast and strong. Much cheaper than the UHU that I can also get at three times the price. I'm sure the pricing would equal due to logistics if I was situated mid-way of the exporting countries. :smiling4:

glue.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, I use this from a Japanes pound store. Cost me less than a pound and bonds fast and strong. Much cheaper than the UHU that I can also get at three times the price. I'm sure the pricing would equal due to logistics if I was situated mid-way of the exporting countries. :smiling4:

View attachment 326173

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard.
I'm going to check up on the Kapa line board, off hand I think it's a different type of foam .

Right back, the Kappaline board ( I found out it is not available in the US but there is a supplier in Singapore :smiling2: and Australia )
Kappa is made for POLYURETHANE foam where as the normal foam is made form POLYSTYRENE. So hence the problem using glues made for the foam . I see yours is the normal type , no wonder the UHU POR cost so much if it has to travel that far.

John .

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Ivor Machstiktooscrach
Another for the pile and one that I use is 'Aleens' Tacky. It's a bit like PVA in consistancy. Not instant like UHU POV. but works well. Not cheap @ around £6-£7 for a 4oz. tube, but I've had good results using it.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Ivor Machstiktooscrach
Another for the pile and one that I use is 'Aleens' Tacky. It's a bit like PVA in consistancy. Not instant like UHU POV. but works well. Not cheap @ around £6-£7 for a 4oz. tube, but I've had good results using it.

Late morning 570 ,, had hoped you would turn up .
Yesterday I tried some Gecocel from Screwfix I'd picked up some time ago for a 1/1 job. As I hadn't any No more nails to try it was this
1547554922784.png

its a MS Polymer, ( what ever that means :flushed:, ) but my word it glues both typed together with out a problem, no movement at all. ok its not cheap at £ 9.99 but 290 ml against 50ml in the UHU. What pleased me was the fact that tube had not gone hard at the top , a common occurrence as you know.
Not keen on no more nails , doesn't last in my opinion, ive seen skirting board come off the wall with the plaster stuck to it. Much prefer a mechanical fixing. :smiling2:

Yours Ivor Gluefastisky