Adrian's Sniper GB: The Last Stand, Berlin 1945

J

John Huggins

Looking good Adrian,

Keep up the good work & this will be a stunning dio.

John.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You have every right to be chuffed Adrian, that's a very nice bit of figure painting.

The street corner is taking shape nicely too......It all looks well, nice one.

Cheers,

Ron

P

Polux

Hi Adrian!!

I love that street corner!!! Looking good so far!!!

I think looks interesting!

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent stuff Adrian, well painted and coming along very nicely....

Cheers,

Ron

J

JFJ

Thanks Ron.

Sorry for not being very regular in my updates. I have been kept busy by the cobblestone street, which was made with split beans and then painted greyish-pink. I then lightened this colour with a little Buff, before drybrushing the street with that colour. To complete the street, a dark brown wash was applied in the recesses.

I have also painted the floor of the building with wood brown, then drybrushing it with desert yellow before a final wash of the darkened base colour.

I was not very happy with the ruin (brick sizes were inconsistent, very unrealistic damage, etc). Thus I removed the whole thing, and will redo it, hopefully by next weekend. Thats why in the pics you can see the aftermath of "UP"!

I have also re-done the concrete kerbs around the footpath, and made them a different colour from the path itself.

View attachment 40582

View attachment 40583

View attachment 40584

P1030964.jpg

P1030965.jpg

P1030966.jpg

J

John Huggins

Starting to look good Adrian, keep the pic's coming.

John

P

phalinmegob

split beans is a good idea, looks quite good, well done, i will remember that one and might even try it myself

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Split beans, cool it looks very good. I might just knick that idea some time.

Ian M

R

rogue-one

hi adrian. fantastic stuff now mate. the figure is looking great and the buildings well came together. ohh, and as mentioned in your last post to me.. i'm not actually going to use the german cycle guy, i only wanted one of their bikes, lol.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Adrian, this is really coming along nicely.

The split beans for cobbles was inspired, and the camo on the trousers must have had you with crossed eyes at the end.

I'll enjoy watching this to completion,

Tony.

J

JFJ

Thanks guys, means a lot

Unfortunately when I peeled off the mask just now I saw that some of the pink paint from the cobblestones had actually "bled" onto the inside of the wooden frame, probably because the masking tape was pretty lousy. Besides that there were some multi-coloured stains on some parts of the frame (my fault for being lazy to wash my palette and using the masking tape to mix paint :P ) I think the paint also went right through the masking tape and left a mark on the light-coloured wood. Anyone knows of a solution to this? Im thinking of painting the entire frame black, and then maybe write some sort of poem/verse on it in white (concept was inspired by this awesome build Armorama :: A Rendezvous With Death). Any other solutions? Im wrecking my brains for a creative and original idea. Thanks in advance.

Adrian

J

John Huggins

look's good to me Adrian plenty of scope there, keep up the good work.

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well knocked about, rough as old boots..........perfect, I love it!

Great work Adrian, and I wouldn't be too bothered about the stain. By the time you've added a bit of rubble and the dio. is finished, it probably won't be noticed....

I do think though that black might be too 'heavy' and take the eye away from the subject, so perhaps a light wood stain or a light brown paint?

Ron

Just had another look at the stains.

How about painting the base surround whatever colour you fancy, then when you add the rubble/dust ect., paint around the top edge with P.V.A. and sprinkle any spare dust onto that.

This will hide the stain and finish the base to a nice edge. Could work!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rogue-one

your figure is looking great, well painted! the new building is great too! i like it. hope this doesnt delay u too much, dying to see more.