Advance from Normandy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have started the base for the Churchill AVRE. It is based on a picture SWIMBO liked when I was looking on line.

The base is the normal blue foam as are the building walls. I had a go at making some wattle and dorb which hopefully when painted will look ok. I still have some more to make. The roof will be pretty much ruined but the dormer will still be standing. The rafters are not secured yet to allow me to work on the walls.

To any builders I apologies.

DSCF3028.JPG

DSCF3029.JPG

DSCF3030.JPG

DSCF3031.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
It looks fine even at this early stage. I'm looking forward to seeing this come together.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Already looking good :thumb2:
Nice carpentry Scottie
Yes, I like it already, nice work so far Scottie :thumb2:
Hi Scottie
It looks fine even at this early stage. I'm looking forward to seeing this come together.
Jim
Ditto. Outstanding!
Nice start Scottie, looking forward to watching this build.
Great start, miniature chippy in the making!
Brilliant already!!
Very nice Paul, i could do with loft extension

Thank you gentlemen glad you approve so far.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah lovely roofing Scottie. Good start to the base too.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Scottie, I see you're using the tiles that look like chicken feathers. :smiling2: I regret doing mine with the same design...it ended looking very Henzel & Gretelish. :tears-of-joy:. You've got yours spaced out properly, mine were too close hence the H & G look.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Not sure if I should add a few more loose tiles or leave it as it is

The look you have gone for is not a direct bomb strike but damage caused from a nearby bomb blast. Therefore the tiles at the top of the roof will be blown off first as they are more exposed to the upward force of the blast. The tiles near the bottom have the weight of the other tiles holding them down. I think it is spot an and should be left as is. Keep it comin my friend

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good Scottie.
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Scottie, I see you're using the tiles that look like chicken feathers. :smiling2: I regret doing mine with the same design...it ended looking very Henzel & Gretelish. :tears-of-joy:. You've got yours spaced out properly, mine were too close hence the H & G look.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard, your right they can be a bit H&G hopefully they will look ok when painted.
The look you have gone for is not a direct bomb strike but damage caused from a nearby bomb blast. Therefore the tiles at the top of the roof will be blown off first as they are more exposed to the upward force of the blast. The tiles near the bottom have the weight of the other tiles holding them down. I think it is spot an and should be left as is. Keep it comin my friend
Steve, that is kinda what I was hoping for, it is hopefully not far off the reference pic I'm using. Many thanks.