Advice for glue type/brand

J

Jpeg6785

Hi guys. Need to fix PE to clear parts, usually use CA to fix to normal styrene or contacta clear for clear plastic to styrene but what would I need here? Obviously needs to dry clear, hold and not fog.

Thanks Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Adrian
Hi guys. Need to fix PE to clear parts, usually use CA to fix to normal styrene or contacta clear for clear plastic to styrene but what would I need here? Obviously needs to dry clear, hold and not fog.

Thanks Adam
I've heard that if the part is dipped in Klear it won't fog, though I cant confirm that for sure as never had the guts to try it, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you or perhaps another way.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What about two part epoxy glue, such as Devcon? Holds well using minute amounts and dries clear. Obviously try on scrap first, and this is just me hypothesising as I haven’t tried it.
Cheers
Tim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Standard white glue might be worth a trial...the PVA stuff used for wood working. I’ve used this for PE to styrene before and it worked fine. takes longer to dry out but dried clear...less is best:thumb2:

J

Jpeg6785

Any ideas if the thin version would be preferential to the normal hobby original version before I order? Adam

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Adam
I have not used the thin version of Gator Glue. As it is water soluble I would have thought that if the normal glue was a bit thick it could be thinned a little with water. That does sound a bit too simple though :smiling5: I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used the thin version.
Jim

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have only used the normal one. I am not sure that the thin one has any particular advantages unlike Extra Thin Cement. Yes I also agree, Thin it if need be with water.