Advice please............

D

delmonteman

I've decided that figure painting is my next mission in life (I don't have many missions!) I love the 1/10 busts Tommy works his magic on but I'm not even thinking about trying one of those before I've got a vague idea on what I'm doing. The question is, where's the best place/model/scale to start? I've bought myself a 1/16 Tamiya Luftwaffe ace figure. Is this too big, too small? What d'you reckon and what is the next step?

Ta,

Gav.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've done a few of the tamiya figures and I'm by no means an expert but I found 1/16 to be a nice size, I've tried smaller but never got any results I was happy with

P

Paolo O

Hello Gav, don't know if this is much help, but i'm about to start having a go at some figures myself.I picked up loads of the old airfix 54mm napoleonic kits from various shows very cheaply .I'm gonna stock up on the brushes that Tommy reccomended and join the sniper group build with some 95th riflemen.

The other guys on the gb know what they're doing so it seems a good way to learn as I go along as well as learn from the how to's on the site already.

All the best,Paolo

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would think that the 1/16 scale plastic figures is a good a place as any to start. Good size, a familier material and way cheaper than resin or metal figures.

I keep looking at some of the Mini art Historical figures....Also seen some good resin ones at an OK price.

Ian M

First Name
Tommy
Maybe a bit late... but I think the 1/16 is a good scale, not to big and not to small.

My Japanese NCO posted in the figures section is a 1/16 scale, that was my first figure in that scale and it was very fun to paint.

Good luck with you mission Gav, I'm sure you will succeed!

Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
D

delmonteman

Cheers Tommy, I've finished now & put a couple of photo's in figure section.