Aerial Ladder Platform

First Name
Andy
\ said:
In parts it could be better but I've got to the point where I don't want to touch it any more .
Hi Harry,

I think you have done a great job on this Sir, I have learn't the hard way in the past, I think maybe I'll just do one more bit and BOOM, it all goes wrong, so I think you have made the right call...

Andy...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
For a moment there Harry I actually thought this was a real fire-engine. The rear lights gave it a away for me, but still an outstanding build. I know what you mean about dabbling and then coming to an end, some models just seem to take ages and take up all your time, they can be draining and you just give up. Glad you finished this one though, I like it.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Is that the die cast kit from fire brigade models? Their white metal stuff pretty good too, I used them to get some decals for a couple of scalextric cars I renovated .. not exactly to scale but ended up looking OK.

I take it you bought the kit and had fun building it because they do charge quite a bit to build and paint it .... Up to a hundred quid i seem to recall.

Nice job !

H

Harry Labanville

Andy ,thanks

Eddies thanks also

Colin ,yes,yes,yes and yes. Thanks

It is a kit from Fire Brigade Models this one was a combo of white metal. resin, ali, jewels, and chromed parts.

The kit was of the order of £130 (made by FBM it would be well over £200).

I bought a single pumper recently from them made up for someone and it was almost £200. with a display case).

It tool me nearly a year to finish it and I could spend longer on it but I'm not.

The scale is 1/48 not 1/50.I really enjoyed it most of the times but as the model progresses it becomes ever so fragile. And if you drop a tiny piece its glasses, torch and magnets to find it.

Last edited:
C

CDW

Ahh if the scales closer to 48th then that's why those decals looked better than I thought they would on a 32nd ....Unfortunately the little light sprues they do for emergency vehicles would be too noticeable..

You can see what you mean about the little parts from just looking at your finished model.... Itd be like dropping those miniscule PE parts :smiling3: :smiling3:

H

Harry Labanville

Yes if anyone wants to really test themselves and end up with a really decent model and use many methods of modelling in one package then one of these will fit the bill

there are most likely over 100 models to choose from. Go online Fire Brigade models.

They are what's none as a multimedia kit in other words all sorts of materials to play with

They also do Police and ambulance vehicles and other stuff as well.

This was my second one I'm toying with the idea of doing another one straight away or to do something else.

Oh the decisions we have to make, all this mulling is stress full.