Aeronaut Mowe 2 fishing boat

Supabuild

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi folks, hoping somebody will help me with,
What weight of fibre glass cloth should I use on the hull,I've never done this before?
What type of resin would you recommend?

I have a FLYSKY FS I6 transmitter with matching FS IA6B receiver. Could somebody please show me where I need to plug the boats rudder servo into.
Thanks a lot in anticipation........supaboat

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You do not need to fiberglass the hull
The Radio will in most cases have throttle in channel 1 and motor in 3. It should be easy.
make sure the the receiver and tansmitter are talking to each other, connect the motor, battery and speed controller and plug into receiver plug 1 and a servo in number 3. try it. If the connection is wrong turn it off and swap them around.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI John well i know a little bit about what you are askin after scratchbuilding big war ships for R/C if you look in ships under contruckition an look up Boatmans HMS TIGER build an nr 300 pages of the build so i may be able to help you sir but firstly some details of the boat you want to build an fibre glass well i use a F/G kit from a car shop as it got the mattin an the resin an the hardener all in the box an i can help you on the R/C as i have a 14 channel R/C on my ship so i know a little
chrisb

Supabuild

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OK, thanks guys for the help. If I do want to fibre glass and resin the hull I would appreciate any suggestions on fibre glass weight and any particular type of resin given it will be in the water. Thanks again.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK, thanks guys for the help. If I do want to fibre glass and resin the hull I would appreciate any suggestions on fibre glass weight and any particular type of resin given it will be in the water. Thanks again.
well john ive told you a bit about where to get F/G an such but please put on here what fishin boat you want to build is it a kit or a scractch buid ? an how big ?

Last edited:

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
John, as Ian said you don't need to FG the hull, however if you are concerned about water ingress, you could paint polyester resin on the exterior, followed by primer and your chosen colour over it once sanded.
The FlySky comes with excellent instructions as to connecting the ESC and rudder etc.
Is this the model you are building?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
@boatman As much as you like to show off your excellent Tiger build perhaps you might try some restraint in posting pictures of it in other peoples threads every chance you can.
By the way dont forget your tax and MOT runout next month... ;) Not a good thing to put your number plate on a website.

The kit you name John does not need it. it is enough to just varnish and paint the hull. But as it has now been said a couple of times a shop like Halfords have fiberglass repair kits that contain all that you will need. If you start looking at buying cloth, weave, base jell, resins and all that, you will have to buy enough to be able to build a whole fleet of those fishing boats. The Likes of boats like the Vosper Torpedo boats and the rescue launches of WWII had no fiberglass. paint. 'canvas' and varnish was more than enough and those boats took a beating.
If you do want to go that way I suggest a boat supply and repair shop is your best bet. You might even be able to scrounge a bit together.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK Ian well ive deleted the tiger pics as yes see what you mean an i wont show it no more OK so when it goes for its next sail to try out them new opto leads next week to see if it stop my eletric problem i wont post any pictures of tiger hows that ok

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK Ian well ive deleted the tiger pics as yes see what you mean an i wont show it no more OK so when it goes for its next sail to try out them new opto leads next week to see if it stop my eletric problem i wont post any pictures of tiger hows that ok
Post as many as you like in your OWN THREAD. In other peoples thread IT IS intimidating and NOT ALLOWED