Aeroplast BM 13-24 Katyusha in 1/35 scale.

First Name
Andy
Another fantastic build John, how are you going to better that I wonder, but no doubt you will come up with something.

Andy.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hey John, that is absolutely stunning! I love it to BITS!
definitely the dog's dangly bits there, matey!
Utterly inspiring!
(too many exclamation marks, I know )

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Alright Dude 2,

Now that is one helluva job Buddy!!! Love the 2nd pic and I had to duck too. Scared the hell out of me to boot. I bet you still have webbing stuck on your fingers too John!!! Most excellent work and thanks for the kudos, but you Sir, made it happen...........

Prost
Allen (almost Ret.)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks fab John. Really shows how they appeared when firing.
Many thanks Tim.
Very nice John. I wondered if you were going to use your electronic skills to put some led's in the smoke trail.

John
Maybe should have done John, but was too wrapped up in the smoke .There's always a next time ;)

Top work there JR. You might check with the committee.....I think they have something for you Sir! :thumb2: ;) Rick H.
Ooh thank you very much Rick , will share it with my buddy in Germany .

Well,that looks pretty damned special to me too John:cool:!
Can`t say i`ve ever seen that even attempted before..... let alone finished to such a believable result:thumb2: ,
Congratulations indeed Sir,top,top work!!
Andy
Cheers Andy .
Superb build dzhon the smoke looks excellent , loving the sense of action . Top work comrade , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, been a lot of fun to try.
Big thumbs up buddy great job ,you out do yourself with each build ,where next. Dave
Thanks mate, have an idea for a T34 / 85 that Steve sent me .
Very nice indeed Mr Race what a great result :smiling4:.

Baking looks good too! Just tucking into a thick slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake and a big mug of tea :thumb2:
Hi Si, ment to email you so sorry.
Another fantastic build John, how are you going to better that I wonder, but no doubt you will come up with something.

Andy.
Thank you , I have something in mind, just hope it works .:smiling2::nerd:
John,
That mate is the dogs cahoonas. Very nicely done mate you should be well happy with that.
Cheers Paul, happy indeed .
Hey John, that is absolutely stunning! I love it to BITS!
definitely the dog's dangly bits there, matey!
Utterly inspiring!
(too many exclamation marks, I know )
I loved them Neil, very kind of you .
Alright Dude 2,

Now that is one helluva job Buddy!!! Love the 2nd pic and I had to duck too. Scared the hell out of me to boot. I bet you still have webbing stuck on your fingers too John!!! Most excellent work and thanks for the kudos, but you Sir, made it happen...........

Prost
Allen (almost Ret.)

Dude 1 yes I have found the odd strand stuck to the mat. Very kind of you to say, but with out your suggestion of using the web I'd have struggled with the cotton wool .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Right take your a seats hard of hearing and sight at the front.

Ready, and so we are off.

View attachment 438311View attachment 438312View attachment 438313View attachment 438314View attachment 438315View attachment 438316

Well there we are, quite pleased with the outcome, might use the smoke again at some point, esp to show tanks moving.
Thanks to Allen aka Dude 1 for his help with the "smoke " and to Tim for the advice on the glue and for all those who looked in.

Dzhon.
You da man Obi ! so-youre-probably-47610235c8.jpg

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Very nice dio, John. Smoke and fire are seldom seen as they are a very difficult subject, but you did a real wonder. :thumb2:
Now, (very) less seriously speaking, the dio awoke the already half dead responsible for workplace safety measures in me... :sleeping: Today the Commander of that arty unit would be court-martialed for allowing the storage of empty wooden crates, thus flammable items, just behind the launcher's firing position and for positioning the launcher itself in front of a heat and fire reflecting surface (the wall). But... war is war, Russians are Russians and ...after all, it's just fire! :tongue-out3:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Well I think it is disgusting, you make cake and fill it with butter icing, then have the audacity to even coat the top, and not only that you have the front to parade it around under the guise of it being a Katusha, and as is known in polite circles, a katusha is Japanese for a sneeze usually followed with a backfire from the nether regions, and so in the translation the wording has been westernised from Katush Ahhh! to Katusha, yet more americanisms creeping into our daily language as the katush was to cover the noise generated by the backfire and the sound of relief that no follow through took place hence the Ahhh! sound.
By the way the model and diorama are great, such a pity there was not more cake to go round - katush ahhh.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice dio, John. Smoke and fire are seldom seen as they are a very difficult subject, but you did a real wonder. :thumb2:
Now, (very) less seriously speaking, the dio awoke the already half dead responsible for workplace safety measures in me... :sleeping: Today the Commander of that arty unit would be court-martialed for allowing the storage of empty wooden crates, thus flammable items, just behind the launcher's firing position and for positioning the launcher itself in front of a heat and fire reflecting surface (the wall). But... war is war, Russians are Russians and ...after all, it's just fire! :tongue-out3:
Just seen this so sorry for the late reply Andrea, Thank you , oh you are quite right about the work place safety, but the crew haven't had time to keep tidy and Russians are just Russians ;)

Well I think it is disgusting, you make cake and fill it with butter icing, then have the audacity to even coat the top, and not only that you have the front to parade it around under the guise of it being a Katusha, and as is known in polite circles, a katusha is Japanese for a sneeze usually followed with a backfire from the nether regions, and so in the translation the wording has been westernised from Katush Ahhh! to Katusha, yet more americanisms creeping into our daily language as the katush was to cover the noise generated by the backfire and the sound of relief that no follow through took place hence the Ahhh! sound.
By the way the model and diorama are great, such a pity there was not more cake to go round - katush ahhh.
Hippity Hop, thank you for your enlightening post, I had little knowledge of Japanese bowl movement sounds ,something I'm rather behind on .
I shall endeavour in future to be up to date on such matters .
Skippy Skip .

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Just seen this so sorry for the late reply Andrea, Thank you , oh you are quite right about the work place safety, but the crew haven't had time to keep tidy and Russians are just Russians ;)

Hippity Hop, thank you for your enlightening post, I had little knowledge of Japanese bowl movement sounds ,something I'm rather behind on .
I shall endeavour in future to be up to date on such matters .
Skippy Skip .
Ahhh velly preased to be of ass istance in your enlightening education. Hoppity hop.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL John somehow i missed your rockets being fired an its amazeing to see WHAT a FANTASTIC EFFORT you have made doin this an has been said it also made me want to duck dont know how you do it but WOW
MORE PLEASE OF THIS EFFECTS brilliant work
ATB
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
WELL John somehow i missed your rockets being fired an its amazeing to see WHAT a FANTASTIC EFFORT you have made doin this an has been said it also made me want to duck dont know how you do it but WOW
MORE PLEASE OF THIS EFFECTS brilliant work
ATB
chris
Thank you Chris, it was fun to do, with some advice from Allen in Germany on the web for the smoke . Will definitely use that method again .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Is it safe to come out now? John, the first test shot looked fine without any hitch but when you started putting up a wall and wooden crates I ran for shelter expecting an explosion. Explode it did into a spectacular finish. Nice...now I know a second person that does explosions and smoke. This time it didn't need any light for safety reasons I suppose and looks great. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
John how about doin this idea with a v2 launching now that would be great just think you could have all the liquid oxgen trailer there an all the other vechiles that are to do with it that would make a wonderfull dio an as it launches think of all the flames an smoke you can really have fun on that now you have mastered this
chris

Last edited: