Aeroplast BM 13-24 Katyusha in 1/35 scale.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just beautiful JR, Yes......seeing you efforts of the other day brought to mind Mrs. Slocomb from the old sitcom "Are you Being Served"? She was the master of odd hair back then, Now it seems to be the "norm"......go figure! Cheers, Rick H.
Hi Rick, arg Mrs Slocomb, a distant relative of Matron I believe. Very funny series.
John

Love the updated smoke effect. That really has turned out beautifully. And as you say good to still be able to see a bit of the flame through it too.

Great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I was pleased to see that could be seen, thought all that work would be lost .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Evening all .
Following some pm's between myself and Dude1 aka Allen nearly Retired of Bamburg

A joint effort has resulted in this .

View attachment 436915View attachment 436916

Took some time to find out how much of the web was required, very little , and much less than you would think .
Teasing it out was fun, as you soon ended with single threads stuck to hands , jumper and even on my glasses !

Applying the pigment by a largish flat brush was soon given up when I found that rubbing the web in pigment that was on the paper gave a better coverage. It was only when doing the black and grey towards the end of the trail that it was just scattered on.
Once done I gave it a spray of Hair Spray , mainly just to keep the pigment in place .

Pleased that there is a little red showing through from the paint on the two part glue holding the wire on .We decided that although the photos that I found showed very little black smoke at the onset of the launch some would look better .

The base foam board has been glued in place , so while the model sits well out of the way the stone sets can be imprinted.
Going to show part of a steel factory roof support left after a direct hit, so only a small section of brickwork and maybe a lone window frame with the remains of the glass .

Hopefully tomorrow after another trip to the recycling center with yet more discarded garden and shed finds I can carry on with the base .

Thanks for looking in .
Dzhon.
John...you had to show your pyrotechnic skills with fibre did you...it worked and looks great.

The dio is coming together too.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John...you had to show your pyrotechnic skills with fibre did you...it worked and looks great.

The dio is coming together too.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, there may come the day where I can get everything in , from Snow, Wind and Fire ( What a band ) and some water !

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
JR,
Well done with sorting out the smoke problem with assistance from Youngerthanme, now looking forward to the finished item.
Hip hop along the way....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR,
Well done with sorting out the smoke problem with assistance from Youngerthanme, now looking forward to the finished item.
Hip hop along the way....

Oh thank you person of great modelling skills. Yes younger than you has done very well .
Here is a gas bottle for you .2021_8.jpg:smiling2: Took hrs to put together.2021_12.jpgOh and a barrel , 4 parts so took me 6 times as long:upside:

Latest smoke & fire looks perfect. Great work.
Thanks Paul, it came out better than I could of hoped.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not content with the reused wall I decided to make a new section. Two reasons,, first I didn't have enough for debris and second having one chance of getting the brick work to look all the same.

Think I have about enough, the cut out sections can fall into the street, giving enough gap for the internals still to be seen.

2021_6.jpg2021_7.jpg

That,s it for tonight, thanks for the comments.

Dzhon.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ooh!...Stepping on...stepping on broken glass...Eurythmics. :smiling3: There's one thing I am uncomfortable with is broken glass...when cleaning up shards from the floor expecting some piercing my feet as we don't wear footwear in the house.

Nicely shattered John.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ooh!...Stepping on...stepping on broken glass...Eurythmics. :smiling3: There's one thing I am uncomfortable with is broken glass...when cleaning up shards from the floor expecting some piercing my feet as we don't wear footwear in the house.

Nicely shattered John.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks. I agree,even one of these off cuts can stick in the end of your finger Richard:nerd:

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Been watching this come together from the cheap seats and I’m suitably impressed. The smoke trails from the launcher looks totally convincing….top job mate :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,
Been watching this come together from the cheap seats and I’m suitably impressed. The smoke trails from the launcher looks totally convincing….top job mate :thumb2:
Thanks Si , tried to email you, have you changed your address ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings all.
Doesn't time fly when your painting bricks walls.Spent a couple of happy hrs just doing that.
Also painted the frame , gas bottles,engine and the drums.
Base has been sanded as well .

2021.jpg

2021_2.jpg2021_3.jpg2021_5.jpg2021_6.jpg

Now reports of Aliens, yes Aliens , they have been seen on one of the finished kits.

2021_8.jpg2021_9.jpg

Investigations are underway and a likely suspect has been named and will be interviewed soon.

Thanks for looking in.

Comments always welcome.

Dzhon.