after washing

S

sblb

hi all..

i'm planning to give sum upgrade to my star wars vehicles with washing technique.the questions is

1.i'm gonna use winton oil paint to do the washing.good idea or not? if it not, what kind of paint i should use?

2.using tamiya enamel paint for washing,then seal the paint with tamiya flat coat,correct!? but if the oil paint did the job,what am i supposed to use to seal off the paint??

i'd really appreciate all the answers

cheers!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I take it that your vehicles are already painted. If the paint used is soluble in the solvents you will use with your oil (or enamel) you must protect it. Seal it with a coat of Klear varnish.

You can make a pin wash with either of the paints you mention but I don't see why you need both,it's an either or. I like oils myself. Once you've applied your wash you should seal it under a coat of varnish that suits the finish you want, the same method for both types of paint.

Cheers

Steve

S

sblb

yes "master" steve (if you're into star wars), the vehicles are painted. here i'm talking about Hasbro star wars vehicles.they got nice mold,great detail,but unfortunately the paint job wasn't that great.poor actually.that's why i tempted to bring out the detail on the vehicles.

so here is the conclusion from your answer (let me tell you first,i'm Indonesian, and my English as poor as my modelling technique.haha) :

so i have to do two times varnish. first before washing and the second after i done it.correct??

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You've got it. The first varnish should be gloss. The one you apply after your washes can be whatever finish you want on the models,gloss,satin or matt.

Cheers

Steve

S

sblb

so last question,what kind of specific varnish (the brand) i could use.either for the first one (glossy) and the last varnish (i'm planning to give it flat look)

saw your gallery.two thumbs up!