Afternoon All......

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sounds like you guys are from the bronze age...I remember reading such currency in the Everyday Classics in Primary school...before I forget, er welcome Paul..we'll get to plastic modelling topics soon. :tears-of-joy: :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
OK Dave, now do Drams, scruples and grains…..I had to learn them in my first job in a yarn dye house as they had not gone metric and all the recipes were in imperial, including temperatures ;)

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
OK Dave, now do Drams, scruples and grains…..I had to learn them in my first job in a yarn dye house as they had not gone metric and all the recipes were in imperial, including temperatures ;)
Old secondary school souvenirs: I attended a commercial school for foreign trade so we had to learn the imperial measures (lenght, weigth, volume both dry and liquid, even those in use for precious metals and stones) ...and their use so that we were able to manage the shipping of any goods to any corner of the globe (which, I later discovered, has no corners... :rolling: :thinking::surprised:). I liked it, but now it's alla lying quietly under the dense blanket of fog shrouding my memory.:face-with-head-bandage:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Can't remember where I picked that up! Never was in the Royal Navy, so must have been in a book!
Dave
Possibly! There was a book called 'Jackspeak' issued by the Lambs Navy Rum company - lost my copy unfortunately!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Old secondary school souvenirs: I attended a commercial school for foreign trade so we had to learn the imperial measures (lenght, weigth, volume both dry and liquid, even those in use for precious metals and stones) ...and their use so that we were able to manage the shipping of any goods to any corner of the globe (which, I later discovered, has no corners... :rolling: :thinking::surprised:). I liked it, but now it's alla lying quietly under the dense blanket of fog shrouding my memory.:face-with-head-bandage:
Just for you then Andy…apothecary weight system…
One ounce is eight Drams, one dram is three scruples, and one scruple is twenty grains….mind you the system I was taught wasn’t “pure” because we then used sixteen ounces to the pound, instead of the twelve it should have been for the pure apothecary system.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
In the same glass Chris? Seriously, I always like Manns brown, it was my go to pint for a few years….

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Brown and Mild, with a later foray into Light and Bitter were amongst my earlier experiments in frontal-lobe destruction! :face-with-head-bandage:
Steve
WELL Tim when i had the manns brown ready to pour down my neck the girls in the pub used to say a mann for a man an then laugh their heads off but it was a nice drop of beer

Reactions: JR