AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Some more class work JR, it's starting to look like an up scaled version of PaulE's work bench :smiling2::smiling2:
Mick .
Thats quite an accomplishment. What an accolade ! :thumb2: Thank you :smiling3:
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Top work mate, the wheel dolly looks great.
Cheers Paul. Thanks to Steve for the photo. Have to make some timber blocks now to lift the Sturm so the wheels would come off and refit . Again down to another photo from Steve .:smiling2:
John

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That’s a lot of small part John,a real test of patience! Nice work though...all looking good :thumb2:
Xxxx

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That’s a lot of small part John,a real test of patience! Nice work though...all looking good :thumb2:
Xxxx
Morning Si.
Thanks.
Really got in to the painting yesterday, will post some photos later. Dry brushing galore !
John.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Sorry about adding the kisses at the end of my post John....force of habit when I message the mrs

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry about adding the kisses at the end of my post John....force of habit when I message the mrs
Think nothing of it Si, still, nice to think you hold me in the same high esteem you hold Rochelle.:smiling::smiling::smiling2:
John x:smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening friends :smiling2:
A WET , yes wet afternoon and evening here in Lincs , been a steady rain.

Cave wise I've been painting the light skin tones on my merry crew, nothing to show, but you can imagine. But I have some photos of the kit. One a set of welding gear, where I had two attempts at making a set of hoses and a torch .The first was using solder , it formed well , but after attempting to wrap some tape around the two " hoses " and painting, it looked far too heavy.Attempt No 2 saw Nylon thread used and it worked perfectly. I cut 2 short lengths of wire , glued them side by side and stuck a round bolt head as the control. Then CA the thread to the gas bottles and to the torch. One thing I notice the valves are to wrong way up, dam , but not going to change them after all this work .They still look ok to me.

_MG_3624.JPG_MG_3626.JPG

Now for the tools, great fun painting these, back and forward from one to another , prim , top coat . dry brush. Took nearly a full day. Ladders and table were done in OIL yes STEVE Oil . Still a bit tacky after about 3 days.

The tools.

_MG_3617.jpgT 1.jpg_MG_3620.JPG_MG_3621.jpg T 2.jpg_MG_3628.jpg   T4.jpg_MG_3629.jpg T5.jpg_MG_3627.JPG

Then there were Jerry Cans, some small gas bottles. They all need a little more weathering , not too much.

Thanks for looking in, comments more than welcome.

John.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They are looking very nice JR, I've never used oil only paint, Castrol GTX? :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out3:
Nice one, I'm a good mind to edit it......:smiling4: But you have a point there, I should get some engine oil and let that drip down the drum. Be back in a min...:tongue-out3:
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have to go , instructions passed by management , food is required, so off to the kitchen. :smiling3:
John .
Head cook.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Well done John

Love the bench, great wood work.

Looks the part of a chaotic repair section trying to get the SturmTiger back into the fight.

As for the gas bottles, the welder must have had too much schnapps the night before.:rolling:

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Really very nice John - an excellent finish so far. Very convincing.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
superb details... for the acetylene/oxygen tubes use the soldering cables they are super easy to use/paint

Reactions: JR