AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John sorry to have caused you any trouble.
Pete.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Well John, I'm full of admiration. You really do push yourself. Inspiring.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John sorry to have caused you any trouble.
Pete.
Pete.
Don't be sorry, it needed to be addressed. I took a simpler way out, but based on your method, so thank you .:thumb2:

Well John, I'm full of admiration. You really do push yourself. Inspiring.
Thanks Peter....... Just me I suppose, proberly comes from having to find a way when working . Does get wearing though.
John .

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Having a bit of a catch up, it's looking good John, even with all the troubles.:thumb2:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice pe and zim work John.:thumb2:
Oh and don't worry about the glue stains, just cover it up in the weathering.:tongue-out3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks guys.
Having a bit of a catch up, it's looking good John, even with all the troubles.:thumb2:
Cheers Graeme. .... Be worth it in the end. !
John - coming along fine. nice job so far.
Peter.... Thank you , esp when you have so much on your plate, good luck with the show :thumb2:
Very nice pe and zim work John.:thumb2:
Oh and don't worry about the glue stains, just cover it up in the weathering.:tongue-out3:
Fernando... Cheers, next time I will do the rear before adding things !
Before you change your picture could you inform
us , I thought you were somebody new!

I've finished the Zim,sides look good, well to me anyway !
Painted the Tamiya engine and started assembly, only to find I had the panels on the wrong way round oops. Soon removed and painted, should get that part done in the morning, and then the joining together of the body .
Thanks for the comments.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stand by, again a warning for those suffering from correctness and those who are highly strung.
I give you.
Maintenance figures and Tank crew.

_MG_3496.jpgZ1.jpg
Tamiya and MiniArt.

Now after a somewhat stressfull day, with pe and bits falling off !! :disappointed: I managed to get the 3 mainparts glued, some where its not quite square, the top overhung one side at the front, but now the front mud guards are on it doesn't seen to bad.
Did the front in MR Hobby 500, wanted the cast to be stronger.
I fitted the side track guards and looking at my ref book I notice one of the Sturms has Zim on the guards as well. So out with the Milliput, rolled and cut, wetted the plastic and away we went.
I had read an article by David Neat where he had timed Milliput from the moment it was on to see how long it could be worked for. One interesting point for me was leaving it about 30 minutes after its laid allowed the tool to do the pattern with out pulling the Milliput off .

_MG_3501.jpgZ2.jpg_MG_3506.jpgZ3.jpg_MG_3507.jpgZ4.jpg_MG_3508.jpgZ5.jpg
The engine from the Tamiya kit look ok, unfortunately earlier on when I was attempting to fit the rear exhaust shields the egine fell inside. Then turned its self upside down !!! Eventually I managed to get it the right way round and after drilling a hole in the air filter and CA ing a pin I was able to weld it into place.
Is my TET going off, can it ? Several times parts have not glued well at-all .
Also made a little gen set. having seen my mate Allen's fine offering I decided to have one for the dio. Looking at Lead Warrior site, but the cost and postage was rather daunting but they they were stunning. So into the spares box, much cutting and sanding I came up with this.

IMG_3401.jpgA1.jpgIMG_3403.jpgA3.jpg
Sorry , but blurred, but is small :flushed::hugging-face: .
Tomorrow the priming, wheels. body and tracks.
Thanks for looking, comments more than welcome, even one suggesting I take up fishing !
John.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Sorry , but blurred
What do you use to take these pictures? If it’s a phone or a tablet, you can probably tap the screen where you want it to focus (at least on an iPhone and iPad, no idea about Android or others), which is very handy if the device gets it wrong. Just don’t move it (much) after getting it to focus right :smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What do you use to take these pictures? If it’s a phone or a tablet, you can probably tap the screen where you want it to focus (at least on an iPhone and iPad, no idea about Android or others), which is very handy if the device gets it wrong. Just don’t move it (much) after getting it to focus right :smiling3:
Jakko that was done the other day using a cheap old tablet so for your edification I present .:smiling3::smiling3:
Hope you like !
_MG_3512.jpgG2.jpg_MG_3511.jpgG1.jpg_MG_3514.jpgG3.jpg

John.:upside::smiling2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Much clearer :smiling3: My question now is: what is this thing? It looks like it could be a generator, but I’m not sure.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice zimmerit John and a very cute Genny!
Top work

Yours,
Winnie Atwell

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

Looks to be coming together nicely mate and smashing work on scratching the generator:thumb2:
I don’t think extra thin goes off....more likely it’s evaporated too much before melting the plastic of maybe the plastic has something on it?

Keep it coming sir:smiling4:
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Much clearer :smiling3: My question now is: what is this thing? It looks like it could be a generator, but I’m not sure.
Jakko .... you win the prize, yes indeed. Glad you prefer those photos.:smiling3:
Some great Scratchery JR
Thanks Mick.... one of those times when bits seem to fall into place.
Nice zimmerit John and a very cute Genny!
Top work

Yours,
Winnie Atwell
Dear Winnie , so glad you approve.
yours .
Lew:smiling:

Last night I spent some time cleaning and gluing up the workshop crane. Now knowing how my models seem to go out of square I used my steels bars 4 of them to hold it all square , and it worked. A bit over the top , but the crane had to be and look good. I mean what self respecting German mechanic would have other wise. The rest of the time was spent cleaning the small tools, took some time but well worth the effort.

_MG_3515.jpgM1.jpg_MG_3516.jpgM2.jpg
Great little model, fun to build, esp the chain and doing the wire for the hook and the top support.
Gardening first thing , so hope to get some primer on the Strurm and wheels, and tracks tomorrow afternoon .
Thanks for looking in .
John.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,

Looks to be coming together nicely mate and smashing work on scratching the generator:thumb2:
I don’t think extra thin goes off....more likely it’s evaporated too much before melting the plastic of maybe the plastic has something on it?

Keep it coming sir:smiling4:
Si
Just missed you Si sorry.
Yes fair point Si, maybe figures had got a little greasy , think a wash is called for before assemble in future. Thank you for the support.
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Blimey mate! You have been busy. A lot of micro work going on there my friend. If only we all had thin slender fingers how mush easier this hobby would be. I wonder how long evolution will take to produce "Plastic Kit Person" with their super magnified sight, slender fingers and heat and glue proof skin:smiling5::smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks mate........ Yes i've actually enjoyed doing these tool, the separate spanners are the dogs. I shall have to find out if the German gas bottles had a coloured band round the top. Fingers which were 8 inches long and 1/2 inch idn dia would suit. Mind you Scissors Hands would be ok .:smiling4::smiling4:

Today saw the primer coat, dark yellow by MIG, had the bottle for 2 years and want to use it up. Did a dance with it while shaking it up. Added a little ( 2 drops ) of Vallejo AB Improver , works a treat, no spitting or tip drying out.:thumb2:

_MG_3520.jpgP1.jpg_MG_3521.jpgP2.jpg_MG_3522.jpgP3.jpg_MG_3523.jpgP4.jpg_MG_3524.jpgP4.jpg
Also painted the tracks, dark rust brown, then carried on doing the gluing of gas bottles and the compressor.

Comments welcome, tips even more.Thanks for following .
John. .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
John that is really excellent i love all the details... really superb well done