AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all .
While the tractor dio is drying in the sun I decided to continue with some more German Armour. Having built it's forerunner the 33B in the Stalingrad diorama this time I opened the Sturmtiger . box .
At the time of Stalingrad another large howitzer project was under way. In 1943 the short barreled 38 cm Raketenwerfer came into being.
The fire power was devastating, 3 US Army M4 Tanks were destroyed in one hit !
Early models were sent to Poland in the Warsaw uprising, a further 7 took part in the Ardennes battle. They ended life in the defense of the Fatherland in 1945. Most were abandoned / destroyed by their crew after suffering breakdowns or fuel shortages.
This build will take place in the Warsaw Uprising between the 1st of August and the 2nd of October 1944.

Right moving on here are with the sprue shots I've noticed at a first glance how clean it is. Haven't seen any flash................yet.

_MG_3388.JPGIMG_3391.JPGIMG_3392.JPGIMG_3393.JPGIMG_3394.JPG
Seats available through normal channels.
Off now to see whats available in the add on........ it has what I consider to be rubber tracks which although have a nice bend in them I've never been really keen on . According to PMMS its the late model and the tracks are flexible Vinyl . I'm reading this now, so will come back later .

John.

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Front row please while you work your magic on this monster.
Jim

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Ooooh a sturmtiger ehh:smiling:,
Shouldn’t have any problem with this beast Mr R....Now I trust your serving Pimms and cucumber sandwiches?
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi . Jim and Si ,
Trust you are both well ? Just read the PMMS site review, oh dear looks fun, what have I let my self in for.
Still I have a plan ...... if I fail a wreak , have found a photo to copy, otherwise a Warsaw street and yes loads of rubble.
I've put a bid in for some Frullitracks as well, well in for a penny in for a pound:smiling5:
John .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Am thinking of 15" battleship guns. The UTUBE film of this Tiger firing on some buildings is awesome. PaulE

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
ACCCH STURMTIGER... DAS IST GUUTT... MEIN OBERSLEUTENANT... LOOOL... hope to see this beast soon

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Ooh Ooh Ooh , I just arrived and grabbing a seat

Chips and dips, anyone?

Very well done John, an absolute stunner of a kit, I only used the citadel in my build so I have everything else left if the carpet monster gets hungry

Can't wait to see how to tackle this monster, she really is a BIG girl, and a real treat to build

Warsaw too, love your plan for her too,

The 38cm shells in 1:35 are fortune to buy and there aren't any in the kit, damn.

Ready for your next update

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Good choice John. Looks like a very nice kit.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
According to PMMS its the late model
I’m not an expert on the vehicle, but wouldn’t that make it unsuitable to represent one in Warsaw in August 1944?

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
John - my seat is pulled up. A beast of a vehicle which I am sure you will do justice.

Peter

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Late evening here at Race jTowers, just got in from my mates to see the front 2 rows are full.:thumb2:
Pete....... Tell me your joking ? Really camo !I was hoping it would be grey:sad:
Paul......Cucumber sandwiches, crust off ? Mr Jones is coming round with the Pims.
Paul E ..... Yes read that is was developed from the navel gun, that video on UTube is frightening. Two stage rocket, one to lift off and the second to act as the propellant. To think it could penetrate 8 ft of concrete !
Greg..... Guten Agent, wie geth es dir ?
Stephen......Thanks for that on the shells ! Damm unt Explosion . Thanks also for the offer of lost parts, looking at the sprues there could be some.:flushed:
Mick..... Hi mate, your always wecolme. Grab a drink .
Jim.......Nice collection !
Peter..... Hope so, and not to hard I hope. Though the rifling does look a bit of a b****r and in pe ! .
Jakko...... Yes, it does, when Iread that on the PMMS site I was rather dejected. But futher reading points out this kit has many early parts as well. So I will carry on, an will research as I go. I would like to get it some where near, but if not I'm not going to be too bothered.
Peter....... Welcome, and thank you, I shall try.

Well it looks like my offer on the tracks has had a counter offer from the seller. £25 including postage. Of course I said yes, at that price It would be silly to say no.
I stared earlier to night fitting the suspension arms for the wheels, most odd as they pass right through the body and glue into the opposite side. Of course guess what...... Put them on the wrong way round !!:upside: Had a double look when I realised what I'd done. Anyway all sorted .
More soon .
Thanks for joining , makes it more fun .
John.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I am rather partial to these beasts John

Have the AFV 1/48 version, 1/72 CMK conversion, the Tamiya 1/35 (which i don't even remember buying) and a 1/35 Italeri that I started a few years ago (which got put on hold when another build came along). Got a set of excellent Masterclub resin tracks for that when I finally get back to it

Have various books as well so if you need any info give me a shout and I will see what I can find

Think the Italeri came with some shells so let me know if you need some

Definitely count me in for this one :thumb2:

P

Poppasnake

Excited! Can I buy a subscription to watch each episode? Maybe just stalk in delay from 10,000 miles away.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I did one of these a few years back when Herpa introduced theirs. Damned expensive even in 1/87 scale. I'm in for the show.
Rick H.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well if you don't mind I'll just sneak in at the back to watch this John. Looks like I've not missed much.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oh dang it front row seats are gone...I'll bring my ladder and telescope.

Cheers,
Richard