AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John
VJ flesh wash is proprietary and comes ready to use.....I’ll look up the number later and let you know....not in the cave st the moment....the others in the range come in handy as well, especially the black and burnt umber...
If it’s any comfort, most of the time eyebrows come out like Grocho Marx when I do them as well...,
Cheers
Tim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
VJ flesh wash is proprietary and comes ready to use.....I’ll look up the number later and let you know....not in the cave st the moment....the others in the range come in handy as well, especially the black and burnt umber...
If it’s any comfort, most of the time eyebrows come out like Grocho Marx when I do them as well...,
Cheers
Tim
Tim .
That's kind of you , I shall log in later to catch up
Thanks John .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John, forgot the net for a minute there..,,,
You need Vallejo Game Colour wash, llavado carne, or flesh wash, number 73204.
Cheers
Tim

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,

I don't know what you're going on about Buddy. The figures are looking super to me. Well, maybe the one in the third picture from the bottom could be a star in "The Walking Dead" series!!! Seriously, slap a dark wash on them, a couple of tiny touch-ups and call it a day. They are working in a repair shop and are grubby anyway. They're not marching in a parade…..Keep it coming!!!

Prost
Dude 1

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Nothing wrong with those figures. Well done. Can't offer any help with washes but I'll be interested in what suggestions come forward.
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi John
The simplest way to add a little character to a face in the smaller scales is a wash with Vallejo sepia dipping wash.
You can water it down and tidy it up with water.
There are a few links, You Tube and other SBS's out there if you look for 1:72 or 20, 25, 30 mm scale figures.
Wargamer's need high volume production with reasonable looking figures, they have loads of SBS blogs to help out
modelers, who have figures as accessories rather than main stars.
HTH's?

Looking good so far John, it should be very busy scenario

Regards

Steve H

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, forgot the net for a minute there..,,,
You need Vallejo Game Colour wash, llavado carne, or flesh wash, number 73204.
Cheers
Tim
Tim .
That's great.
Thank you, I shall have a look .
Dude 2,

I don't know what you're going on about Buddy. The figures are looking super to me. Well, maybe the one in the third picture from the bottom could be a star in "The Walking Dead" series!!! Seriously, slap a dark wash on them, a couple of tiny touch-ups and call it a day. They are working in a repair shop and are grubby anyway. They're not marching in a parade…..Keep it coming!!!

Prost
Dude 1
Dude 1.
I thought he had the look of Frankenstein's chap with out the bolt ! He was quite nasty looking before I added to the face .:tongue-out3::tongue-out3:
Hi John
Nothing wrong with those figures. Well done. Can't offer any help with washes but I'll be interested in what suggestions come forward.
Jim

Thanks Jim .
Hi John
The simplest way to add a little character to a face in the smaller scales is a wash with Vallejo sepia dipping wash.
You can water it down and tidy it up with water.
There are a few links, You Tube and other SBS's out there if you look for 1:72 or 20, 25, 30 mm scale figures.
Wargamer's need high volume production with reasonable looking figures, they have loads of SBS blogs to help out
modelers, who have figures as accessories rather than main stars.
HTH's?

Looking good so far John, it should be very busy scenario

Regards

Steve H
Hi Steve.
Yes it all helps, I shall look at those Vallejo washes in the next hr.

Thanks everyone.
Plenty more to do if I have to send for anything, cleaning up the figures themselves for one .:flushed:
Night all .
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John,
I think your figs are great! I'm wondering where can I get one of those cameras with the soft focus feature?:smiling5:
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
I think your figs are great! I'm wondering where can I get one of those cameras with the soft focus feature?:smiling5:
Cheers, Rick H.
Rick
Thanks for the comments:smiling:
Even when the camera is on a tripod and on auto focus I can achieve those soft focus shots. It's taken years of not knowing what I'm doing :smiling2::smiling2:
Some very nice work John
Thanks Ian.
I will master this painting lark if its the last thing I do , along with tracks !
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all .
Order has been placed for the flesh wash, and while waiting for that I shall clean up the uniforms.
Onwards , upwards , sideways and down :smiling2:
Appreciate the help.
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Well John, the Tank and the tools and all the details are really something... PLUS all the figures that will be put in there... I CAN'T WAIT..

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well John, the Tank and the tools and all the details are really something... PLUS all the figures that will be put in there... I CAN'T WAIT..
Greg .. Cheers buddy, roof structure next ! This time steel frame, in plastic strip of course. Now the plastic has arrived it looks so small in scale , followed by sheeting for roof, and some big doors . Oh Happy days. :smiling2::smiling3:
John

D

Daniel Horvath

Hi there John i missed this somehow sorry ! I get use to seeing your work in the diorama section! How come you put this one here ? This will be a dio as well isnt it? Great work sofar love the little extra trolley for the tank wheel! Everything coming together nicely! The tank also looks brilliant! I see figures on the way as well! Loads of equipment for the maintenance scene! Terrific job as always! I marked it to watch so I don’t miss any updates! Keep up the good work! Regards Danny

First Name
Ross
John
Just had an enjoyable catch up, going to be a very busy scene looking forward to seeing more.
cheers
Ross

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi there John i missed this somehow sorry ! I get use to seeing your work in the diorama section! How come you put this one here ? This will be a dio as well isnt it? Great work sofar love the little extra trolley for the tank wheel! Everything coming together nicely! The tank also looks brilliant! I see figures on the way as well! Loads of equipment for the maintenance scene! Terrific job as always! I marked it to watch so I don’t miss any updates! Keep up the good work! Regards Danny
Hi mate.
Thank you for those kind comments.
I've realised that its in the wrong section, still not used to all these differing sections. Perhaps a mod could move it ?

John
Just had an enjoyable catch up, going to be a very busy scene looking forward to seeing more.
cheers
Ross
Cheers Ross.
The roof is going to be fun !.

Thanks guys

Been busy this week helping a mate instal a massive oak larder/ butler pantry unit. Now should get back to doing some light weight dio stuff.:smiling2:
John.