AFV Club FV107 Scimitar CVR/T Falklands era

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Finally made a start on this as part of a club "Falklands 40" build thread.

AFV Club Scimitar - the kit is for a late (Bosnia/Gulf) era vehicle but I'm using SMM resin and Fruil tracks to backdate to a Falklands era vehicle:

IMG_3501.JPGIMG_3502.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3505.JPG
IMG_3506.JPG
IMG_3507.JPG

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Opened the replacement "early" suspension and stalled ... one piece missing and one piece duplicated - I emailed Michael at SMM and he's sending me a replacement (excellent service)

IMG_3515.JPG

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Decided to fill in some time by doing the crew (Accurate Armour) figures... Dunno if I've done them justice - the close ups pick out every little error!

IMG_3517.JPG
IMG_3518.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG
IMG_3520.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve always liked CVR(T)s, and these are quite good kits (for those interested, the Revell ones are just reboxes of the AFV Club ones). Good plan to replace the tracks, though — the single-piece, soft plastic ones you get in the kit look thin and are so short they’re under a lot of tension when they’re around the wheels.

Also: how long ago did you buy this kit, then? :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work so far. Love the figures in particular!!

ATB

Andrew

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I’ve always liked CVR(T)s, and these are quite good kits (for those interested, the Revell ones are just reboxes of the AFV Club ones). Good plan to replace the tracks, though — the single-piece, soft plastic ones you get in the kit look thin and are so short they’re under a lot of tension when they’re around the wheels.

Also: how long ago did you buy this kit, then? :smiling3:
I grabbed the kit in a local hobby store second hand pile about 3 years ago - cost about £15 if I remember correctly - picked up the other bits over the intervening time.

I might try to find a Revell Scorpion to go with the Scimitar.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
It's a great model especially with the SMM parts.Did you get the etched track guards as well? Makes a big difference.
Also I can't tell whether the AA crew are wearing the early Dan Dare helmets or the more modern ones.Hornet do a set of heads with Dan Dare helmets if you need them.
Jon.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I grabbed the kit in a local hobby store second hand pile about 3 years ago
Then they clearly had it for a long time :smiling3: (Look at the sticker on the box.)

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
It's a great model especially with the SMM parts.Did you get the etched track guards as well? Makes a big difference.
Also I can't tell whether the AA crew are wearing the early Dan Dare helmets or the more modern ones.Hornet do a set of heads with Dan Dare helmets if you need them.
Jon.
They're wearing the 1970's style helmets like these and early-ish combats with the smaller pockets. One has the old style fur lined cap but I've painted it as a private purchase

Attachments

• image93.jpeg
    image93.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1