AFV Club Magach 6B

First Name
Martin
Anyone know the difference between the AFV club Magach 6B and the Magach 6B Gal kits?
Apart from the £30 price difference that is.
Also I see Meng do a 6B kit too.
I've only ever built Tamiya, how do these 3 manufacturers compare?

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Probably best to check out some online reviews, afv and meng will be a lot more detailed than a tamiya kit more small fiddly parts,

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Martin.
Reviews here,

Info here (always worth a look on this site. It’s a great resource)

Hope this is of some help :thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Anyone know the difference between the AFV club Magach 6B and the Magach 6B Gal kits?
Going by the box art on Scalemates, the 6B Gal kit includes resin parts for a number of additional items, which would drive the price up by rather more than if those same parts had been in plastic. (The reason they’ve added them in resin is probably because they don’t expect to make their money back if they had included them as a plastic sprue, by the way: resin is cheaper to make for small runs, plastic is only economical if you expect to sell a lot.)

I've only ever built Tamiya, how do these 3 manufacturers compare?
AFV Club is rather more intricate to build than Tamiya. Fit is generally good but not at Tamiya levels (to be fair, hardly anybody’s kits are that level), but parts are much finer and more numerous, resulting in a model with better detail than the same model from Tamiya would be.

Meng is somewhere between the two, I think.