Airborne's Bussing-Nag Recovery Vehicle - I Hope!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well, here we go - a largely OOB construction of the AFV Club model - wish me well!
IMG_0483.jpg
15 sprues of (two tones) of sand coloured plastic, 1 clear sprue, 7 rubber tyres (urgh - to be replaced with resin!), small, well-detailed PE fret with very fine radiator grille, length of fine cord, and a separate bag with four of the most absurdly small metal pins (<1.5mm) , decal sheet with comprehensive placard coverage, BUT no instrument decals(!), detailed and clear instruction sheet with four colour schemes, and a freebie 'poster' of the box-top illustration.
IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0480.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0479.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0477.jpg
First impressions are plastic seems relatively soft but has well-defined details, some very fine parts with several moulding stubs, relatively few problematic ejection marks (more later), no flash to speak of but otherwise it appears to be a good, clean model that will challenge but produce a fine model - not a first-timer model though I think!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Steve,
AFV Club are one of those makers that will produce lovely models, then pop out a real dog!
I note the 'flatpack' chassis, which seems to be standard for all softskins these days, no problem for experienced modellers, but off putting to a beginner. Will follow with interest!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
That looks a rather nice kit. Typical of AFV Club - many, many fiddly bits. I'll follow along with interest.
Jim

Reactions: JR

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Looking forward to this Steve, I do like a recovery vehicle.

Steve,
AFV Club are one of those makers that will produce lovely models, then pop out a real dog!
I note the 'flatpack' chassis, which seems to be standard for all softskins these days, no problem for experienced modellers, but off putting to a beginner. Will follow with interest!
Dave

I was quite surprised when I found the FAMO chassis was one moulding. All my soft skin experience has been with Italeri trucks that all require a frame build.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Mr. Jones on this one............'bout time we saw a little more of the Wehrmacht's support vehicles. Can't remember the last time a BN truck was featured in a build thread. I'd like to do one of these myself if I could find a decent kit in 1-87 scale. I'm in for the duration of this project.:thumb2: Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks very interesting. My old LHS had one in the window for ages, very tempting but I kept the imp on my shoulder and resisted….regretting it a little now….

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Meaning there’s more interesting things outside the window and in the parts of the book that were skipped over?
I remember sitting in classrooms, the sun warming us to the point of sleepiness, bees zubbing , and looking forward to 3 o'clock when we could escape to learn a whole new tranche of 'things'! (Probably rained most of the Summer though!)
Steve