Airborne's Bussing-Nag Recovery Vehicle - I Hope!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Gents, I have to say I'm not enjoying this; I never expected a Tamiya build but this is taking the P--- at the moment :sad-face: Maybe it's attributable to my lack of modelling skills but seriously this is beyond a joke!
Steve

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A little more progress - slow due to renovations and innovations at Kate's school and a suspected case of COVID (fortunately proven negative by PCR). Managed to force the chassis squarer (at the temporary cost of minor details of course!) Same problems throughout - miniscule details, vague location marks, large ejection scars, over-engineering and lack of Sauvignon! Work progresses on the crane mounting, Man - this is going to be some battered wrecker! Some quite bizarre omissions - the under-body toolboxes have no backing plate and the rear mounted toolboxes are 'curiously' divided for example! This is a relatively big 'beasty' - I've included a figure for scale. I've decided this build isn't worth investing in resin wheels - I'll build it and bin it once I'm bored with it :angry:
Steve
IMG_1606.jpgIMG_1604.jpgIMG_1603.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks like you've got all four touching the ground...as others have already said, That's a fine looking Bussing, I'd love to have a plastic model of this in 1-87 scale........just not available, would have to go the 3D print route if I get desperate or the dreaded "resin"! :angry: Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Steve, despite all the problems you're having.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Well I really like it Steve.

"What don't kill you, makes you stronger" and all that. Or at least makes you a better modeller.

Please don't bin it, the rolling stock looks fine.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks like you've got all four touching the ground...as others have already said, That's a fine looking Bussing, I'd love to have a plastic model of this in 1-87 scale........just not available, would have to go the 3D print route if I get desperate or the dreaded "resin"! :angry: Rick H.
Not the 'Curse of the Dreaded Resin Monster', no, noo! noooooooooo! :cold-sweat:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A little more progress - slow due to renovations and innovations at Kate's school and a suspected case of COVID (fortunately proven negative by PCR). Managed to force the chassis squarer (at the temporary cost of minor details of course!) Same problems throughout - miniscule details, vague location marks, large ejection scars, over-engineering and lack of Sauvignon! Work progresses on the crane mounting, Man - this is going to be some battered wrecker! Some quite bizarre omissions - the under-body toolboxes have no backing plate and the rear mounted toolboxes are 'curiously' divided for example! This is a relatively big 'beasty' - I've included a figure for scale. I've decided this build isn't worth investing in resin wheels - I'll build it and bin it once I'm bored with it :angry:
Steve
View attachment 438154View attachment 438155View attachment 438156
I really like the dirty windows and the scuffed/damaged end of the plank underneath the spare wheel Steve. I feel your pain about this kit. Ive been building it a bit, become weary of it, take a week off to dabble with a couple long-term dio's, then come back to it. This kit has not been a delight for me, either. I'm planning on completing mine but it's been more work than fun for me. I think it's a good kit with nice detail but definitely for the modeler who craves challenge ! Not so much me...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Despite the problems, this is looking pretty good to me. It is showing the battered appearance of a workhorse, great stuff.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I really like the dirty windows and the scuffed/damaged end of the plank underneath the spare wheel Steve. I feel your pain about this kit. Ive been building it a bit, become weary of it, take a week off to dabble with a couple long-term dio's, then come back to it. This kit has not been a delight for me, either. I'm planning on completing mine but it's been more work than fun for me. I think it's a good kit with nice detail but definitely for the modeler who craves challenge ! Not so much me...
I couldn't agree more Ron - I think this would become a shelf queen if it wasn't for the fact I've started to show 'progress' on the forum!
Steve