Airbrush adjustment controls - quick tips?

M

munkster

Have just taken delivery of an airbrush/compressor kit off eBay (the sort of thing that many on here seem to have bought at least as a first dip into the medium) - this one in fact (from Absolute Airbrush, who despatched very very quickly I might add)...

Was wondering if anyone could give any brief tips on what the various adjustments "do" - I don't think there's much TO adjust but for example the thumbscrew at the very back - what's that do?? The "instructions" are sparse to say the least (and written in fab Engrish) so any help appreciated.

Equally, if there's a link I've lazily overlooked that will tell me all please direct me that way instead!! Cheers!

[edit]Pretty sure I understand how the dual action mechanism works, if that allays anyone's fears I'm a complete n00b with no idea![/edit]

Last edited:
M

m1ks

Theres only one adjustment on this type of brush, air is adjusted at the compressor, you depress the trigger fully for air and then pull back for paint, the rear dial is to adjust the maximum amount you can pull back the lever for paint if you need to ensure you don't accidentally pull back and flood the paint area, I've never used it on mine, I set it after cleaning so that it just contacts the needle when the trigger is fully back and that's it.

M

munkster

Aha, that's good news - wasn't quite sure if there was something else that could be fiddled with on the brush, so that's re-assuring, thanks...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The adjuster at the back is indeed to limit paint flow. I don't use mine much but find it useful if painting very find detail/lines as you don't have to control the amount of paint all the time. Fine the paint flow you need adjust the screw at the back to the paint flow max and then just spray away to your hearts content.

Ian M