Airbrush advice.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Subject: Advice on airbrush and compressor

*** Good afternoon Shane,this is a dilemma that a lot of people find themselves in,my advice is go for the best that you can afford,overhead gravity feed work well,for a metal version you cannot beat the Badger range,if you want extra fine work go for one that has a fine nozzle,a lot of the choice is down to the individual and the way they work,airbrushing has to be mastered with lots of practise including failures,just get the best there is available.

For a compressor make sure that you purchase one that has a water trap or at least one that can be added in the line,a simple diaphragm type is adequate.

Remember that even the finest airbrush will clog if not constantly cleaned during use.

Original request-

Hi Wonwinglo.

I am a born again modellor and i wondered if you could advise me on the purchase of an airbrush and compressor there are so many available that it's a bit confusing trying to choose, I was thinking of a gravity feed type as I read somewhere that they provided a more reliable flow of paint and didn't clog as much, any advice you can dispense will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Shane Mullan, N.Ireland.