Airbrush Advice

I

Isaac Horner

Does anyone have any recomendations for an airbrush in the £0-£100 price bracket? Any responses would be greatly appriciated.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Isaac.

Firstly welcome to the forum :thumb2:

Secondly £100 will buy you a very good airbrush. But you don't say what experience you have with airbrushing. I personally would start off with something cheap (but still a 2-stage) just until you've got some experience with them. There are a few different type of feed systems. Gravity, side and bottom. I prefer top feeds but it's user preference.

I bought a really cheap 2-stage from Machine Mart first off then, a better one from Everything Airbrush. Finally i bought an Iwata CR Revolution from John in Scale Models shop

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
P.S. Buy a cheaper airbrush at first and invest the rest in a good dust mask

I

Isaac Horner

I have very little experience so I will look into the 2 stage you are talking about. I am a complete rookie so do you have any recommendations of a 2 stage airbrush? (Probably asking a really stupid question, sorry)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Single stage airbrushes are even easier. But you don't get the control with them as much.

As for a recommendation. I think the Everything Airbrush website should give you an idea of what to look at

I

Isaac Horner

Thank you so very much for the advice, Happy New Year!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
HNY to yourself Isaac

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Isaac. Here are my three airbrushes:

Top left: Everything Airbrush BD (number?). Top right: Machine Mart Clarke CAB-2P. Bottom: Iwata CR RevolutionIMG_1054.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just a quick thought Isaac. You do have a compressor (oil free) or access to one right?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
You can buy cans of compressed airbrush gas but it is really expensive in the long run. Maybe someone else on the site knows of an airbrush/compressor combo you can get for under £100