airbrush and compressors

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi guys could someone give me a recomendation of a good airbrush and compressor as the one i aquired does"nt seem to be doing a very good job. I paid £75.00 for the kit 2 brushes 1 compressor as18 gets very hot after short time of usage. iwata seems to be popular just read a review about the revolution. Thanks guys look forward to your advice

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The Revolution CR is a really good airbrush, it comes with a .5mm needle and if you want to use it for finer work you can get the .3mm needle kit, when I got my needle kit I never out the .5 back in, the .3 covered all my needs.

D

dubster72

If the compressor gets very hot very quickly, I'd ask for a replacement from the company you purchased it.

But it is the nature of such thing's to be warm in use. Compressing air raises it's temperature. I keep a fan on mine or on very long sessions, I use cold packs to reduce the heat build up.

For a compressor with it's own refrigeration capacity you're taking serious money. Ian M has one like this so he might get you the model number of his one.

Cheers

Patrick

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi John ( i am ) welcome to the forum Iv'e got the Revolution CR aswell and highly recomend it and if you look in the scale models shop ( at the top of the page ) theres some good prices Hope this helps and happy modeling

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
thanks everyone for your advice and comments think i will go for the iwata let you know how i get on

D

dubster72

Well buying a new airbrush won't stop the heat build-up in your compressor. I'd solve that first IMHO. Otherwise you won't get the best out of your Iwata.

Cheers

Patrick