Airbrush clean after tamiya?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry, forg to ask

What do you use to clean airbrush after tamiya, there own thinner?

Thanks again bob

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I clean my AB,s with vallejo Airbrush Cleaner 71.199, as wel becouse i use Vallejo,
then run through with some window clear ,then just plain water,but still will find,
on next use ,if its a bit sticky run run through some more window clearer before use, ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I used to use a cheap bike cleaner from poundland bob , I think it’s called “ dirty bike “ or something , anyway it’s a big litre spray bottle and bright pink in colour . This dissolves acrylic very well so I use this first to get the majority of the paint out and give a final spray through with a bit of Tamiya x20a thinners then finish with plain water . Cheers tony

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many thanks all, very helpful

Bob

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Quick squirt through with mr tool cleaner and on to the next colour but make sure your airbrush can handle lacquer paints else all the little washer things will melt yes I know I'm dangerous and shouldn't be allowed out on my own.

D

Deleted member 5496

Pro-Color Airbrush Cleaner by Harder & Steenbeck. Came on it about two years ago. Superb stuff.

Cheaper than Vallejo. Twice as good as Vallejo & for that reason goes further than Vallejo.

I have one bottle with it in to fill the cup. However I have another bottle which squirts. Squirt it around the cup first & Tamiya paint Vallejo paint will just fall away.

500ml for about £12 Vallejo 200ml for about £7:50. Had to buy during lock down Vallejo as Pro-Color was all bought up. No comparison.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks again, will see what i have, do not want to buy anything as using tamiya will be a one off to use old stock

Cheers bob

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
I use Windex for the initial clean (cheap and it works very well) and then a final go through with the Tamiya airbrush cleaner X20a to clean any leftover stubborn paint.