airbrush help

G

Graham_1970

I was cleaninng my airbrush and I put some white spirit in the paint bucket for a final spray through and when I pushed the trigger there was bubbles in the bucket instead of a clean spray of white spirit can anyone help.:sobbing:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Graham and welcome aboard. Could you give us a few more details like which brush you are using. The most likely cause of bubbles in the paint cup is some kind of blockage in the nozzle but there are other possibilities.

Steve

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Sounds like you have a blockage, have you tried stripping it down and removing the needle?

Edit: Steve beat me too it

B

backonthecase

\ said:
I was cleaninng my airbrush and I put some white spirit in the paint bucket for a final spray through and when I pushed the trigger there was bubbles in the bucket instead of a clean spray of white spirit can anyone help.:sobbing:
I would agree with the blockage idea, what airbrush is it?

Stuart

G

Graham_1970

Its a precision airbrush and I have stripped it down and put it back together also the thread on the nozzle keeps turning I think the thread in the nozzel is broken as I try to tighten it with the spanner it keep turning. I had an aztec airbrush while back can anyone tell me if there are still on the market?

R

Richy C

Blimming things I know how you feel Graham my cheap spraymaster went belly up this weekend , just ordered the Iwata CR from Airbrush.com after Johns good review, worth a look Graham they give you a 10% discount off your 1st purchase if you register and fill out a small survey after I purchased the CR with the discount they gave me another 10% off on my next order , also they have a massive spares section for AB`s

Over £60 and you get Free deilivery

They get my vote

Richy

R

RM4U

\ said:
Its a precision airbrush and I have stripped it down and put it back together also the thread on the nozzle keeps turning I think the thread in the nozzel is broken as I try to tighten it with the spanner it keep turning. I had an aztec airbrush while back can anyone tell me if there are still on the market?
Hi Graham,

The reason for the air bubbles in the colour cup is the thread is stripped and is allowing air to escape and cause blow back, as it would if there was a blockage.

All you need is a new nozzle to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leslie.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Leslie beat me to it this time! Exactly what he says.

Steve

G

Graham_1970

:no1b:Well some good news I sent my airbrush back to everthingairbrush.com and explained what had happened then two days later I got a new one.

Last edited: