Airbrush with can of compressor question

P

petemid

Hi all,

just a quick question please.

Can I use the cans of compressed air with an AB130 dual action gravity fed airbrush, or would I have to buy a compressor?

Thanks!!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
If you can get the right connector you can use it but depending on how much you are going to use your AB it would probably work out cheaper getting a cheap compressor.

P

petemid

Thanks.

I have found this one Halfords | SprayCraft Classic Multi-Purpose Airbrush Kit which is a dual action brush that comes with a can of propellent. I am just getting started so want to get into airbrushing on a budget at the moment, then will look into getting a compressor as time goes on.

Anyone have any views on the above airbrush please??

M

msm2

I would save a bit more and get a compressor it will save you money in the long run. Check out E-Bay some good deals to be found.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Remember the good old days. A cars spare tyre pumped as hard as you would dare dangling on the other end of your air brush. Best of all it was cheap and if the next door neighbour didn't notice the wheel missing from his car all the better.

I believe you can still buy car tyre valve converters and a tyre centre might let you have and old wheel and tyre for a couple of quid. (saves the aggro with the neighbours).

After all that I agree save up and buy a good one. As others have experienced, three or four cheap ones costs more than one expensive one!

Ian M

W

wanna_be_aviator

Hi mate, check this here link:

Airbrush Compressor Kit I - Airbrush Compressors | Airbrushes | Compressors

It's just 30 quid more expensive than the kit with the spray can, and you have the whole setup right away.

cheers

First Name
Dave
I bought a compressor made by 'Clarke' from'Machine Mart' last year for about £70.It comes with a gauge and a very basic regulator.It works great and I'd thoroughly recommend it.