Airbrushing Beginner - Help

S

Steely Resolve

Hello folks

Wondering if some of you can give me some advice. I'm new to airbrushing and as yet to purchase my first air brush.

The main question I have is are the gas propellant canisters any good and do they give sufficient pressure as I am contemplating starting off with one of these BUT invest in a descent airbrush instead as opposed to rushing out and buying a compressor.

Also can anyone recommend a good airbrush, my budget is ideally £50 to £75.

Regards

Dave

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Dave,if you can stretch to it I'd recommend one of the Iwata Revolution series which just about squeeze in to your budget. I've had a BR for several years and it still gives good service. John at the forum shop sells these at a very good price.

I know a compressor is a large investment but propellant canisters are not ideal. Firstly they give an inconsistent and uncontrolled supply of air and secondly,in the long run,they work out to be quite expensive.

There are other options,I know some of the forum members here have bought combination airbrush/compressor kits at very reasonable prices. I'm sure one of them will be able to share their first hand experience with you.

Cheers

Steve

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Like Steve says the CR is a great airbrush and in budget £74.70 Iwata Revolution CR Airbrush IW-RV-CR you will need a compressor and in the long run it will save you money and you will never run out of air :smiling3: if you want to buy both together pm me I will sort something out for you.