Airbrushing outside

C

Cooperman69

Sorry if this sounds like a completely novice obvious question but, is at all possible to airbrush with a decent finish outside?

I'm hopefully gradually going to collect the bits and pieces necessary to create a modelling room in our study with the likes of work table, paint booth extract etc. but it will take a little time to get there. I'm hopefully picking up my new airbrush and compressor this week and would like to start using it but do not want to try it inside without an extract due to the fumes and health issues.

I was thinking if it's a nice day and only a little breeze would it be possible to airbrush outside on my patio or am I wasting my time? It's quite sheltered where I'm thinking of doing it.

Thanks, Colin.

T

treyzx10r

Colin ,I 've painted full size vehicles outdoors in a pinch . I say go for it as long as the weather is nice,one thing here in my area bugs are real bad so if I spray outdoors I usually do it first thing in the morning or late in the day just an hour before sundown. I've also set up a pop up shelter that we use at the race track and clamped screen around the legs to keep out wind blown debris and bugs,either way good luck .

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I spray in a connection between my back door and some outhouses. It's really just a corridor. I open the door to the patio and away I go. It's not technicaly "outdoors" but it is pretty open and bloody cold in the winter,or July come to think of it.

On a serious note when it's really cold I don't spray as a combination of cold air from the compressor and cold fingers don't do much for the results.

I don't have any extraction system but I do wear a mask.

Cheers

Steve

C

Cooperman69

Great, thanks for the advise, I'll give it a go when it stops raining.

I might even try my green house with the door open.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Great, thanks for the advise, I'll give it a go when it stops raining.I might even try my green house with the door open.
Be careful of any overspray when doing armour! You may very well end up with a green greenhouse :lol

Gern