Aircraft cockpits

F

fubar57

Not sure if this the right place but here goes. Found a site called Scribd.com that has a ton of books on aircraft if you know how to look. In the search box, type in Aircraft Guide. Its actually a guide for the Il-2 flight sim. Anyhoo, there are over 200 allied and axis cockpits rendered here(many are subtypes). Not being an expert on anything, I can't vouch for the authenticity of colors or layouts but I would like to here from those in the know how close these are. I've included a photo(I hope) to illustrate the quality. Not shown in the photo are some pilot notes for each plane and what the numbers are referencing. Also, there is a small profile of each aircraft. Thanks...Geo.

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The flight sim guys do their research and some of the interiors and skins they produce are very good. Like profile artists and model makers the accuracy varies considerably. I don't think there is anything wrong with using something like this as a reference as long as you are aware of,or are not worried about,any potential innaccuracies.

I use original photos as well as original hand books,pilot notes etc as my primary sources but obviously not everyone is as interested or bothered about that level of accuracy. Why should they be?!! We all build our models how we like to and I for one wouldn't want it any other way.

As a comparison here are a couple of photos of an Fw190 cockpit to illustrate how well that sim has replicated it.

Not bad I'd say.

I'll state the obvious,that the english labels were stuck on to aid the U.S.pilots who tested this aircraft! For example flying at more than 125mph,gear down,could have serious consequences.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: