Aircraft support frame.

A

Awins

Does anyone know of such a device. Im looking for a frame or support that will hold aircraft once they have been assembled or almost assembled, that will hold / support your model while adding the final items or for decaling etc.

I would imagine it to support the aircraft from the wings and rear of the fuselarge if all this makes any kind of sense.

Looked on Google but cannot find anything as such, surely there must be some type of device for this.

Cheers

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Lots of folks - including some of the guys on here - use an empty plastic box with some bits of foam wrapped around the top edges. If you add some weight to the box, that should help stop it sliding around whenever you touch it. You could use elastic bands or sticky tape to hold the model to the box (cover the sticky side of the tape with some paper where it touches the model if you want to protect the paint from the tape).

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Do you know anyone whos got any Lego alan? You could knock up a frame from bricks , put some sponge ( make up sponges would be perfect) on the top ones to protect the model . The advantage of using lego is that you can disassemble it and make it bigger/smaller/ different shape etc to suit whatever youre working on at the time

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Awins

Do you know anyone whos got any Lego alan? You could knock up a frame from bricks , put some sponge ( make up sponges would be perfect) on the top ones to protect the model . The advantafe of using lego is that you can disassemble it and make it bigger/smaller/ different shape etc to suit whatever youre working on at the time

Theres a thought!

M

Murphy's law

Getting closer, but not quite.

Im thinking there could be a gap in the market here!

I got ya.. so something that would clamp with little intrusion of clamps and allow for pivoting and such? 

M

Murphy's law

Now your on my wavelength Stefan

I'll keep a lookout, I need one myself, can't tell you how many pilot tubes and aileron counterweights i've broken off in final stages

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That Dave is a wing alignment jig. Give me a while and I'll find the seller....

I'm in the pipe insulation on an ice cream box camp. Makes it much easier to flip it over if needed.