Airfix 1/12th scale Blower Bentley build

M

modelmaker

For those that know me will know That I really ony scratchbuild all my models in Metal and it's not often I build a plastic based kit but lately I've had a calling to do so, so I've decided I will document the build of this Bentley .

This is the second very extensive build I've done of this kit. The first Build I did was of Tim Birkins #8 Stripped Pau GP car the build included a great deal of extra work which included some nice freshly machined Hand made Brass wire wheels , machine turned metal dash and instruments all new layshafts and levers , fully detailed and correctly detailed Engine and the list went on.

This build will be very much the same but on this build I have been asked to incorporate all the parts that were removed from the last build such as fenders headlights windscreen etc.

So on with the build !! I have already completed a substancial amount of this build and will endevour to take up where it is up to at this point.

I have already built up and detailed the chassis, floor suspension, layshafts and fuel tank, I've also just finished turning up a new dashboard and wheels.

I'm not overly big with words so will not rant on about how I did this and that but please feel free to ask any questions and I'd be more than happy to answer them the best I can, besides I think pictures tell more than a thousand words!

Sean

View attachment 30142

View attachment 30143

View attachment 30144

View attachment 30145

View attachment 30146

View attachment 30147

View attachment 30148

View attachment 30149

View attachment 30150

View attachment 30151

View attachment 30152

View attachment 30153

View attachment 30154

View attachment 30155

DSC04938-vi.jpg

DSC04952-vi.jpg

DSC04951-vi.jpg

DSC04950-vi.jpg

DSC04948-vi.jpg

DSC04955-vi.jpg

DSC04940-vi.jpg

DSC04958-vi.jpg

DSC04957-vi.jpg

DSC04944-vi.jpg

DSC04956-vi.jpg

DSC04946-vi.jpg

DSC04947-vi.jpg

DSC04939-vi.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fabulous work Sean, simply stunning. I'm looking forward to this build

All the best

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yep, Paul says it all really, Marvellous work Sean.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks great. I see that Airfix have pulled this one up from the celler again, which is great news. I have been after one for a while so looks like I might actually get one!

Any new news on the build Sean?

Ian M

B

Bunkerbarge

It's always an absolute pleasure to see a model of this quality going together. The kit has always been an iconic model, although showing it's age a bit nowadays, but you are taking it to a completely different level and showing just what a stunning car can be produced from it.

It's also fantastic to see some model engineering being used to produce a superb scale reproduction of such a subject to remind us that scale models do not necessarily have to be made of plastic.

Amazing job, many thanks for sharing it with us.