Airfix 1/144 BAC Aerospatiale Concorde (08666)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great looking group of a fantastic aircraft. Wish I could have traveled on it!

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job ! - I too never flew in the real thing but was lucky enough to 'Fly' the only Concorde Simulator in the world, which the pilots had to train on before being allowed to fly for real !
It is at Brooklands Museum in Surrey where there is also a real one to visit and have a 'virtual' fly in ! Highly recommended if you are keen .....

DSC01432.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Only been on 002 at the FAA museum Yeovilton myself…..no seats, just loads of recording equipment…..
CFF31058-C860-42A9-8721-5F8F92CED3B1.jpeg
This is a more recent photo than my visit. She had a lot of full silver service dining tables set out under the wings when I went….apparently for some corporate do or other…..

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely job dave on what has to be the most beautiful aircraft ever . A few years ago my son bought me a Concorde experience for my birthday. We went to the Manchester Airport ‘Runway visitor park ‘ where there is a hangar containing G-BOAC . After a short film show about the development and service of the concordes we were taken on a tour around the outside and inside of this gorgeous beast , everyone getting a turn at sitting in the pilots seat . What struck me most was the size of it , both big ( outside ) and tiny ( inside) ,the cabin only had four seats across , two either side of the aisle and the height of the steps up to the door ! Superb bit of engineering and a rare case of Anglo French co operation ( not much of that these days !)
The day concluded with everyone getting a certificate with their name on saying you had been on board , mines hanging at the side of my bench .I’d thoroughly recommend it to anyone near enough to go . Cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautiful model of Concorde Dave. Reminds me of the large models you used to see in travel agency windows