Airfix 1/144 SR.N4 (09171)

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Seeing as other hovercraft have been put in with ships and boats, I will do the same with my build of the Airfix 1/144 SR.N4 (09171)

SRN4_2021_GB_130.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_131.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_132.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_133.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_134.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_135.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_136.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_137.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_138.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_139.jpg

SRN4_2021_GB_140.jpg

This build has fought me all the way. Ill-fitting skirt parts, flexible decks and bulkheads, ill-fitting roof and wrongly printed decals all conspired to make this a build to forget - you would think. Having said all that, I am trying to get another one so that I can make it now that I am aware of all of it's pitfalls. Vehicles are Oxford Die-Casts and the figures came courtesy of eBay.

Now that I have posted pictures all over the place, I have just noticed some orange paintwork that I meant to put right last night - but didn't! It is difficult but I'm trying to unsee it!

Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL HI Dave ive missed this did you put the build on here but i think you have made a very nice job of a bad fitting kit you say well if you do build it again please pm me to say you are as i would like to see this built an i love the see through bit where the passengers can be seen lovely model there
atb chris

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks lads. :thumb2:

I would build another one tomorrow if I had one. However, they are hard to get hold of and are going for silly money right now on eBay.

Chris, I built this for The Airfix Tribute Forum 15th Anniversary Group Build and you can see the whole build, warts and all, here.

Dave

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks lads. :thumb2:

I would build another one tomorrow if I had one. However, they are hard to get hold of and are going for silly money right now on eBay.

Chris, I built this for The Airfix Tribute Forum 15th Anniversary Group Build and you can see the whole build, warts and all, here.

Dave
HI Dave thanks for the link to your hovercraft an i will have a look see
cheers
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Really great work there Dave, especially considering all the issues you faced.

ATB.

Andrew

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks again everybody. :thumb2:

I am afraid that the temptation was too great and I have purchased a Seventies boxing of this kit that I will make as the Seaspeed version. Forewarned is forearmed so they say and knowing all the things that can possibly go wrong - and often did - I should be able to do a better job next time round.

Dave

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just seen this one a lovely build sand you just beat me to it as I have one currently doing nothing but it came out of the factory with moulding mistakes.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks again everybody. :thumb2:

I am afraid that the temptation was too great and I have purchased a Seventies boxing of this kit that I will make as the Seaspeed version. Forewarned is forearmed so they say and knowing all the things that can possibly go wrong - and often did - I should be able to do a better job next time round.

Dave
SO Dave you could'nt resist it good on you an please put the build on here
chris

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fabulous job dave , a great build of a much loved classic ( machine and kit equally ) So nice to see these older kits being built rather than just being collectors pieces . Cheers tony

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'll try. ;)

I am currently building FOUR Airfix 1/144 Concordes and when they are finished I will be starting on one of these:
1634074057865.png

Only 1,700+ parts and over a metre long when completed. This won't be finished anytime soon!

Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'll try. ;)

I am currently building FOUR Airfix 1/144 Concordes and when they are finished I will be starting on one of these:
View attachment 436061

Only 1,700+ parts and over a metre long when completed. This won't be finished anytime soon!

Dave
WOW Dave yea dont worry about that hovercraft but PLEASE PLEASE post this DORA build on HERE as this is one of my fave models that big gun is it the 800 quid one ? what some one shew on here ? WHAT A MODEL THIS WILL BE WOW
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH I SEE Dave i just thought that it was that one pity but yes it is bloomin exspensive but what a model it would be but yours bein over a meter long will still be well worth lookin at an at a nice price too but hope you will put your build on here as id still love to see this built an yes that big one would be a bit of a space hog an what scale is yours ? oh yea i see its 1/72 scale
chris

Last edited: