Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane

P

ping-pong

Finished at last. After losing pieces and bits missing ive got it done. First time ive used a base, dont know whether to lighten the base or ?. I left the engine out and mounted it separately but i dont know whether it fits on the base well. Not to sure really. Any comments would great. Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Si

View attachment 40403View attachment 40404View attachment 40405View attachment 40406View attachment 40407View attachment 40408

View attachment 44119

View attachment 44120

View attachment 44121

View attachment 44122

View attachment 44123

View attachment 44124

P1010115.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010126.jpg

A

andyrobs

Hi Simon, cracking build mate very impressive indeed. I think the base is great, the only thing i'd add maybe is a couple of figures working on the plane.

Cheers, Andrew

P

ping-pong

Hi Andrew, Im trying to get hold of 1/24 scale figures.. they are like hens teeth. I do have a link to a polish website that does 1/25 figures but i havent had a look yet. I better get my finger out lol.

cheers

si

D

dubster72

That's excellent Si, you've balanced the weathering between filthy & clean perfectly!

It looks good on the base, between necessary maintenance. For figures, Tamiya do a set of 1/24 F1 pit crew. They're in overalls so they might work in this setting with a bit of adapting?

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job simon. These airfix 1/24 kits can still make a mighty fine looking model. I reckon the base is fine as it is ,and it doesnt detract too much from the superb job youve done on the hurricane . cheers tony

C

CDW

Nicely done.

I agree with the idea of some figures on the base, there's a Tamiya 1/24 Rally Mechanics set that would also be easy to adapt

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great job Si nice weathering.

Vaughan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Si thats a great diorama it would look better with figures but it also looks fine without i would be happy with it 5 stars from me

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'll be well pleased if mine comes out any where near as good as that!

Gern

A

AVB99

You guys are masters of the airbrush. You set very high standards to we newbies. A good thing too! We have standards to aspire to.

Aidan

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The Hurri' looks well used and a bit tired, a perfect look for a fighter (in my book). Nice job. 5* from me.

Colin M....

P

ping-pong

thank you so much for such kind words. i didnt expect them..im chuffed. doing the revell hienkel he111 now. i do like big models. i hope i can do it justice.

thanks again all

cheers

si

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice Simon,looks like it's seen some action!

I like the engine at the side too.

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Very very nice Simon. I like the almost hidden weathering as it looks so natural. The rivets on the wing roots.

Also like putting the model into it's natural environment they look so much better.

I have had problems with figures at 1/48 & 1/72. They are all pretty awful. Finding 1/24 must be really difficult.

Laurie

P

ping-pong

I cant private message this but i have taken onboard and the changes are being done as i write this. thanks for letting me know.

I

ian lanc

Concur with the above. Well smart. Get some figures ASAP.

could these be adapted/painted to look like RAF crew men ? I think they could !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-24th-scale-Fujimi-Mechanic-set-GT3-4-figures-/120863406692?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item1c24053a64#ht_583wt_1270

Last edited:
L

lemoff

Si - i like it! I would be inclined to weather the engine a little but a very nice build. Here... have 5*'s :D

AVB99 - Practise! You get used to what is going on the more you do it. I lot of it is in the prep work too.