Airfix 1/24 Hellcat Announced

• Thread starter Scale Model Podcast
  • Start date
S

Scale Model Podcast

Airfix has announced that they will be producing a 1/24 Hellcat.

More details at https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/w...ooling-announcement-for-scale-modelworld-2018
I'm sure this announcement will prompt some 'discussions' across the various communities.

My own initial thoughts are, good for them for stretching the topics there are traditionally known for. I know at least 2 people that will snap this up due to their love of the subject. We are seeing more and more of these larger scales.

I am going to be talking about this on the podcast when I record on Sunday, I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Caters for the American and Far East markets. Like beowulf it does nothing for me.

Would have preferred a Beaufighter.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Depending on the price and reviews I will be tempted and Iam starting to save already.
Pre order price.... £119.99 good thing you have started saving.
Says there are four decal options but not what they are...
Was this version in RAF/RN service?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
There's one RAF/RN scheme in D-Day stripes so it should appeal to the UK crowd as well although the bigger market would be the US and Far East.

I wonder if there will be a Zero to add to Airfix's 1/24 line of fighters. :thinking:

Cheers,
Richard

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It does look good 'in the flesh' Also, as the Hellcat wasn't such a big aircraft, neither is the model. So it won't take up too much space. Unlike the 1:32 Lancaster I saw !