Airfix 1/32 Bond Bug (M10C)

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
My restoration of an Airfix 1/32 Bond Bug (M10C)

You can read about the restoration here.

The "patient" before restoring:
Bond_Bug_32_001.JPG

Afterwards:
Bond_Bug_32_058.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_059.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_060.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_061.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_062.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_063.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_064.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_065.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_066.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_067.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_068.JPG

Bond_Bug_32_069.JPG

Dave

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning! Really enjoyed watching this one come together. Great to see

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A great little restoration Dave. Very well done.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fabulous job on this one Dave. An excellent resurrection of a classic design. The interior shots show the driving position to look rather uncomfortable and “laid back”. I’ve never been in one myself, so not sure how true that is. Have you driven or been a passenger in one?

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really interesting for me to see how a made-up kit - and one in a real mess in this instance - can be stripped apart and reconstructed, with excellent results. Before joining this forum I'd never realised this was possible. You've shown it's not just possible, but that it can create a stunning 'new' model - bravo!

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The interior shots show the driving position to look rather uncomfortable and “laid back”. I’ve never been in one myself, so not sure how true that is. Have you driven or been a passenger in one?
In the early Seventies I had the misfortune to be a passenger in one driven along the old A13 (now A1306) from Rainham to Tilbury. I was about fourteen or fifteen at the time and I don't remember much about it except it was the scariest journey I ever had either as a passenger or driver. I'm sure that the bug was on two wheels most of the time and was driven at all times at a minimum of 60 mph by a homicidal maniac!

Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
In the early Seventies I had the misfortune to be a passenger in one driven along the old A13 (now A1306) from Rainham to Tilbury. I was about fourteen or fifteen at the time and I don't remember much about it except it was the scariest journey I ever had either as a passenger or driver. I'm sure that the bug was on two wheels most of the time and was driven at all times at a minimum of 60 mph by a homicidal maniac!

Dave
You’re not selling it as a mode of transportation Dave :smiling2: :smiling2:

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Dave
At about the same age I had a similarly terrifying journey crammed into the back of a Lotus Elan, with the hood up (there are no back seats, I was sitting directly on the fibreglass 'parcel shelf'). The driver was likewise a homicidal maniac, who didn't know where he was going, making several last-minute high speed turns that nearly saw me (or my breakfast) shooting out through the vinyl side windows.
Thank goodness for comfortable modern vehicles with five seats, good handling and peppy engines that have made these 'sports' cars largely irrelevant.