Airfix 1/600 Belfast

J

John Huggins

My 8 year old grandson corey got this for Christmas, first thing he said (can I take it to grandads & build it like he build's his) no pressure there then, lol.

Let battle commence.

First I tapped off the hull & let him loose with a spray can, got a little close but it turned out good.

He saw it had a plain & wanted to build that next, (ok we wont stick to the plans then)

P1100012.JPG

P1100031.JPG

P1100032.JPG

P1100033.JPG

P1100034.JPG

P1100035.JPG

P1100036.JPG

P1100037.JPG

P1100038.JPG

Till next time

Corey & John

D

Deleted member 4539

looks like Corey is having fun here John.

You can see the concentration on his face when he is spraying. :smiling3: .

Keep up the good work Corey and you also John for doing this with him:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Oh dear...... I have one of these to build ever since I visited the ship a few years ago...... now I am going to be upstaged by an eight year old :sad: bet he builds his better than I do..........

Seriously though, great stuff Corey. I will be watching this to learn how to do mine :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a great thing to say "Can I take it to grandad's and build it like he builds his." Terrific to see a youngster having a go at model making, John. He looks well chuffed with his spraying - and rightly so...

The Belfast makes up into a nice little kit. I did mine in the box art colours, and modelled it in The Arctic ice.

A word of warning.....Keep an eye out when he get's to fitting the front superstructure - bridge...it's a mile out and needs mega fitting.

It'll be great to watch your grandson build his model. You must be very pleased he's showing an interest in our hobby.

If he enjoys the Belfast, get him the 1/48 Revell Swift Fast Craft (PCF) that I made, it is a simple kit to put together with big bits of plastic. Not too many pieces and a one piece hull. I reckon it would suit him just fine.

Nice one Corey!

J

John Huggins

Thank you Ron for you'r kind words & advice, well round 2 has begun, Corey finished his little plain & thinks it's the dog's dangle bits lol, started to paint the decking today.

P1100037.JPG

P1100044.JPG

P1100045.JPG

P1100042.JPG

P1100043.JPG

Till next time,

Corey & John

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Corey and John,great painting on the aircraft:smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Corey say's thank you for you'r kind comment, I am having fun with grandad.

Corey & John

D

demon

Well done Corey your making a very neat job of your hms Belfast the little walrus plane is smashing

Roger

J

John Huggins

Little more work done on the Belfast, Corey has been having fun with this one & is thinking of the next model he wants to get, (a car, plain, Tank, anything but a Ship).

P1100046.JPG

P1100047.JPG

P1100048.JPG

P1100049.JPG

P1100050.JPG

P1100051.JPG

Will finish this one next time we can arrange for him to stay for the weekend.

Corey & John.

First Name
Robert
Corey is doing better than any of us. Heel be opening a forum next

Really coming on well

Robert