Airfix 1:72 Avro Vulcan B.2 New tool

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s looking the business now. The centimetre grid underneath really drives home how big it is too :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cracking work Colin. When I was a young lad I lived a couple of miles away from RAF Finningley, and had the pleasure of watching them scramble 4 at a time the ground shook under your feet even at that distance. Loved the Vulcan ever since.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Decals are done. As with any model that has quite a few to add, I just do a few here and there over a few nights. As I used MRP I only added one quick light gloss coat and that was enough for the decals.
However, for the final gloss coat, I wanted to avoid dust, also I was a bit lazy and wanted to do upper and lower surfaces at the same time. Hence this idea, below.

A heavy bottle of car shampoo and a few sticks. Job done.
IMG_1280.JPG

Moving on to the Blue steel missile. Apparently, this is straight from the HP Victor kit., which explains the presence of a few extra bits not used here. It also, needs a bit of work to finish off.
IMG_1278.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Colin
This big bird is looking excellent. A really nice paint job and a most novel way of holding it for spraying.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Colin on an iconic plane.

Like you I only ever saw one fly. That was at Fairford the last year they were flying. We were standing almost as close to the runway as you can get and it took off in front of us, lifted up and banked away from us so we were looking straight down the rear end of the engines. For the sheer raw power, it has to have been one of the loudest sounds I've ever heard.

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cracked it, looks perfect spraying Colin.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking really nice ! I only saw and HEARD one once - At Brands Hatch in the 80s , soon after the Falklands War - British / European Grand Prix . It was scheduled for a lunchtime flypast , but came in unannounced , VERY Low and VERY LOUD over the trees and frightened the life out of just about everybody there !! Brilliant memory :cool: