Airfix 1/72 Catalina (05007)

T

Triumph

After such a long break from plastic. I went down memory lane and thought I would build the Airfix Catalina again (last one I built, was back in 67 I was 14. Model was available from 1964 to 1978. Reissued in 1980. Reissued from 1986.). I don’t know why, but I assumed that the kit might have been improved in the 40 odd years that have passed. Oh dear. It’s showing its age. No detail on Cockpit or blisters to help with framing and the cockpit glass did not fit fuselage anyway. Moulded parts not aligning very well. But now it’s done I’m smiling as although it has many faults regards the detailing it dont look bad for a 40 year casting :smiling3: .

D

dubster72

That's a lovely kit, I remember making it myself although in 67 I was just being born! It's turned out very well, looks like the real thing! Let's see some close ups. Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Triumph, you do know this is a modelling forum and not for real aircraft?

Only joking, the Catalina looks so nice with that backdrop. You should be proud, top work bud.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yep Centurion, BIG CON. no doubt about it, it IS a real one. Kindly leave this forum and don't slam the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

:poster_ba

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice job indeed. Great photos too.

Cheers

Steve