JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
First Name
Gary
It’s a nice build and good to see filler in use :smiling4:
An attractive aircraft in any countries colours. I like the less streamlined ones like the FW109 or Typhoon. Looking forward to the finish

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I thought there was something wrong with my phone and had to take a triple take on your thread title...surprise surprise its a plane you're building John.
Looks good and you're turning it into your favorite Soviet subject.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard.

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It’s a nice build and good to see filler in use :smiling4:
An attractive aircraft in any countries colours. I like the less streamlined ones like the FW109 or Typhoon. Looking forward to the finish
Thanks Gary. Wish the filler had been easier to sand, that angle was a little tight !:upside:

I thought there was something wrong with my phone and had to take a triple take on your thread title...surprise surprise its a plane you're building John.
Looks good and you're turning it into your favorite Soviet subject.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard.
Ha,bet you did Richard, still as long as they don't get too hard to see the odd plane to fill in with will be fun.Just can't bare sitting about waiting for things to dry or the glue to fully cure. Of course in the spring /summer we'll be busy in the garden!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Lovely looking kit John, sometimes I think it does you good to get away from big complicated builds and go back to your roots.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lovely looking kit John, sometimes I think it does you good to get away from big complicated builds and go back to your roots.
Morning Mick, think your right, it's certainly given me a boost getting two builds nearly finished while waiting for stuff.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Looking good. Can't wait for the tracks to go on - I know how that is your favourite part of the build and how much you enjoy it :tongue-out:
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Wings John, they're the future you know.....

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Looking good. Can't wait for the tracks to go on - I know how that is your favourite part of the build and how much you enjoy it :tongue-out:
Jim
Afternoon Jim, yes no tracks, such a shame ! NOT . :smiling:
Having the afternoon in bed as chest is still very tight. Had a good start this morning got some Russian decals on. When I get up later I'll spray a coat of winter camo wash on .

Wings John, they're the future you know.....

:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: Colin as long as I can paint it in 4 BO I don't mind !

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hey, another tracked aircraft! I knew they tried this on a B-36, but not on an A-20.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hey, another tracked aircraft! I knew they tried this on a B-36, but not on an A-20.
Im not 100% but i seem to remember the russians trying it too jakko , i mean its entirely possible - these are after all the maniacs that invented the aerosan , basically a bathtub on skis powered by an aero engine with propellor , oh and just for laughs lets put a machine gun on the front !!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Now there is something different. Looks like your making a great job of it.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all , been awol with the normal chest complaint, bad cold before Christmas always goes onto the chest. Now full of steroids and feeling more like it.

Finished this the best I can, seemed to have a problem with the A/B , now mixed up the needles and caps along with the nozzles, is't life fun. Hopefully a parcel from John is due so the new needle and nozzle will sort out some of the problem.
Decided on a winter wash in the end, didn't do the chipping. Think it looks reasonable, a lot harder to do than you think, need more practice .
Not the best photos either :anguished:.

2019.jpg

2019_2.jpg

2019_3.jpg

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
That has turned out well.
Kind of you to say Paul, had some trouble with the camo winter wash. Think it was a problem with the needle as they got mixed up. It went on better with the brush, I allowed it to dry but it was hard to removed it with the waster as instructions said. Have you ever used it ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John no I haven't used it so cant help I'm afraid.
That's ok Paul, ordered another needle set so I know it will be right from now on !

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good John , the faded ,worn winter whitewash always adds interest and character to the Russian aircraft