Airfix 1/72 Curtis Tomahawk 11B

D

Deleted member 7181

Looks great John

Kind of you to say Paul, had some trouble with the camo winter wash. Think it was a problem with the needle as they got mixed up. It went on better with the brush, I allowed it to dry but it was hard to removed it with the waster as instructions said. Have you ever used it ?
Was it the AK / Ammo washable stuff? I've never used it myself but watched a video where it was and the advice was to work in small sections as "[it] will become impossible to reactivate in a matter of a few minutes"

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John , the faded ,worn winter whitewash always adds interest and character to the Russian aircraft
Thanks Tony .
Nothing wrong with that John. Excellent finish.

Peter, thanks.
Looks great John

Was it the AK / Ammo washable stuff? I've never used it myself but watched a video where it was and the advice was to work in small sections as "[it] will become impossible to reactivate in a matter of a few minutes"
Andy think it was the Amig, will check in the morning. Ah no wonder then it was hard to fade out with the water, suppose as it was small thought I could cope with it . Should have done it in sections, wings, fuselage and the same underneath.
I'll do it again at some point and take it slower . Thanks for that .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Not been an easy build but the end result looks good. I like the whitewash :thumb2:
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Not been an easy build but the end result looks good. I like the whitewash :thumb2:
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Found those side sections to the canopy a little odd, think I got a bit carried away with the primer, top coat and then that wash !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Ian .