Airfix 1:72 HS Buccaneer S2B

D

dubster72

That's looking very nice Colin, you've got the paint on very smooth. Your scribing is better than anything I'd manage!

As for the wash, give it a try! I'm always using different colours on my armour.

Cheers

Patrick

A

AJay

Very nice work, Colin. You've done a fantastic job with detailing those seats!!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well now, a bit of an experiment. OK it's nothing groundbreaking, but a bit different for me. The Bana (Blackburn Advanced Naval Aircraft) has been treated to three different washes, as the pic shows. Now to see if this looks any good !!

View attachment 40808

If not, I've an evening with an old tooth brush coming up .

Colin M.

View attachment 44480

The wash.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking very mucky colin, i reckon it'll be perfect. The buccs got VERY dirty and scabby looking during desert storm ,so the washes should look great. cheers tony

V

Vajled

looking great... cant wait to se how will look like when you wipe of wash

Good job

Roman

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Colin

The Buc is looking great. Can you tell me how you made the ejection seat harness or where you sourced them from. tHanks

Steve

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Sorry for the late reply Steve,

The seat harnesses were made by Eduard, bought from Hannants.

Colin M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well, finally finished. There was a slight delay in finishing it off !! The result has been posted in the 'Aircraft pictures' section

Colin M...

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Colin. You really wetted my appetite with this build so I picked one of these up last week.The PE is on its way. I notice the model has a lot of raised panel lines which Ive never worked with before so it should be an interesting build. Ill probably use a different cameo but havent decided yet.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hello Steve,

I'm afraid there isn't much to choose from if you want a 1:72 Bucc'. The Airfix option needs a bit of work but it turns out alright. I re-scribed mine all over. Not something I've ever done before apart from restoring the odd line lost during sanding.