Airfix 1/72 scale F15 Hi-tech series (first post on here).

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve occasionally found the odd tiny decal stuck to my fingers, hours after I was putting them on models …

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Very nice Gavin and so glad you built it after all these years especially as it was a gift from your Grandmother. I would agree with Jacko on the finish though. I never use gloss on a model, way to hard to get a good finish. I always get a much smoother finish with Satin. It gives just a supple shine. Hats off to anyone with hand painting skills as well.
Thank you and point taken, next build will use satin varnish. In the flesh the finish looks good, better than the photos. Never done airbrushing although have done plenty of paint spraying in my engineering working life.

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
HI Gavin well i must admit im sad that you are not gonna do onther jet as i would as i have two big jet kits to build but im savin them for when i finish my tiger build as i love to see a nice sleek aircraft come into being an as has been said you dont need to fit all them fiddly tiny signs on a jet as most people whould never know as i dont fit them all an a few of the guys are doin prop jobs an very good they are too
but then its up to you ?
chris
I'm still undecided what my next build will be Chris. Got a busy few weeks coming up so won't be building anything until I'm free again. I would consider an older jet model with less decals!

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That looks good Gavin. I wondered what the Hi-tech series was ? Then you answered.

Funny really, I've lost so many of those tiny little decals - I wonder where they all went !
Thank you. The decal fitting process was a bit monotonous on this build to be honest. I'm a thorough, meticulous builder so i did the model like for like and by the book. Wondering if anyone else on here has attempted a hi tech series build?